Jump to content

k1 applying for AOS; i864 question: after living abroad, but now have US employment, only 1 year taxes

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China

Hi all, I appreciate this website, I had a question last week and everyone was eager to help, I really appreciate it. 
I am applying for adjustment of status for my wife who arrived here on a K1 visa. I started working August 27th, 2018 here in the US, but before that I was a full time student in China (with her)2015-2018. I do not have 3 years of tax returns. Should I include a joint sponsor or would attaching proof I did not meet the income threshold to submit for tax returns suffice?
Thank you,


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada

I'd suggest having a joint sponsor, an I864 for them and all their financial documents waiting. 

I'd suggest filing without them but having it ready in case you get an RFE for a joint sponsor.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...