DistantBlue

A few questions about I-751 form

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hello everyone. I have a few question about how some things need to be filled in the I-751 form. I have gathered all of the evidence (using CookieCat's helpful guide) and just need to clear up a few things regarding some answers on the form itself before I send everything to the USCIS.

I will sort the questions by the parts in the form (1 to 11)

Part 1

-I don't have a middle name. Do I leave it blank or put 'N/A'?

-Under "other names used". My last name contains a letter than does not exist in the English alphabet ( š ) and all of my US documents use 's' instead. Should I put my full first and last name as originally spelled in my country of origin under that section?

Part 5

-No children here. Should I put 'N/A' for all of the information or leave it blank?

Part 8

-My wife is a US citizen born in the US to two parents who were also born in the US. Does she have to sign the 'Acknowledgement of Appointment at USCIS Application Support Center' where she agrees to give her biometrics? She has not had to do anything like that before and the form filled out her name on it's own (and won't let me remove it) when I entered other information into the pdf file. This is the first time I have seen this mentioned as something she needs to do so I am confused.

Did I fill out something wrong and the file automatically assumed that she is not an US citizen?

Part 10

-Does this information only apply for when a lawyer or third party is preparing the paperwork or do I have to give my own information since I am doing this on my own?

Part 11

-I have changed addresses once since moving to the US. I notified the USCIS of the change as requited and have the confirmation email printed out as part of my evidence.

Since I answered question 22 in Part 1 I need to put that information into Part 11, but I do not understand how I am supposed to label it.

Like this?
'3.a. Page Number'     '3.b.Part Number'    '3.c.Item Number'

'2'                                    '1'                               '22'

'3.d'

'Old and new adress information'

Any help is appreciated.

1 hour ago, DistantBlue said:

Part 1

-I don't have a middle name. Do I leave it blank or put 'N/A'? Leave blank. There will be many blank spaces in the form, and N/A could be misinterpreted as a real name.

-Under "other names used". My last name contains a letter than does not exist in the English alphabet ( š ) and all of my US documents use 's' instead. Should I put my full first and last name as originally spelled in my country of origin under that section? Use format in other US immigration documents; if it ain't broke, don't fix it. You'll have an opportunity for a name change for your naturalization certificate, if you want.

Part 5

-No children here. Should I put 'N/A' for all of the information or leave it blank? Blank, blank, blank...

Part 8

-Does she have to sign the 'Acknowledgement of Appointment at USCIS Application Support Center' where she agrees to give her biometrics? Yes, but they don't actually ask the spouse to supply fingerprints. Technically, unless you have a waiver for divorce/separation, the I-751 is a joint petition, so both parties must sign the form. This is where the spouse signs.

Did I fill out something wrong and the file automatically assumed that she is not an US citizen? Naah. See explanation above.

Part 10

-Does this information only apply for when a lawyer or third party is preparing the paperwork or do I have to give my own information since I am doing this on my own? Lawyer/third party.

Part 11

-I have changed addresses once since moving to the US. I notified the USCIS of the change as requited and have the confirmation email printed out as part of my evidence.

Since I answered question 22 in Part 1 I need to put that information into Part 11, but I do not understand how I am supposed to label it.

Like this?
'3.a. Page Number'     '3.b.Part Number'    '3.c.Item Number'

'2'                                    '1'                               '22'

'3.d'

'Old and new adress information'

Exactly! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Thank you for your help afrocraft. I appreciate receiving advice from people who went through this process already. Makes me feel more confident of what I am sending to the USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.