Jump to content

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My husband and I just bought a house in June. We will not move in until next month. When we do the change of address we can do his online with his USCIS account and do I, the US citizen need to fill out the sponsor change of address form and mail in? I assume I am still his sponsor since he is not filing for citizenship. Thanks!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, mrath5 said:

I assume I am still his sponsor since he is not filing for citizenship.

You are the sponsor until:

  • he becomes a citizen, or
  • can be credited* with 40 SSA credits,
  • etc.


*What you have earned from working since the marriage started plus what he earned from working: https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0500502135

Edited by HRQX

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...