blackbettie

Airlines (esp. British Airways)

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm only so so on BA. The leg room wasn't good when I flew the other year. I'm 6'2 and I was stuck with a window seat and 2 people next to me that you had to disturb if you wanted to get off. Didn't like that seat layout. The food was so so. They did seem to like to put cheese in EVERYTHING and I hate cheese but you can't exactly specify no cheese in your meal like vegetarians or celiacs etc.

I like to fly AA because of the leg room and space. I've always been able to pre book a specific seat with AA too allowing you to pick a good aisle seat! They play good inflight entertainment (seen loads of films before they were out in the UK!).

They're always my first choice.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Thank you, Lil Halo, that's good information. Though I'm "lucky", I'm kinda short, so I don't have that many problems with leg room. But I'll make sure to pass that information to my friends and family who'll come for the wedding. :-)

AOS & EAD:

10/13/2006 - sent AOS and EAD documents

10/18/2006 - NOA1

11/02/2006 - biometrics appointment in Santa Ana

01/05/2007 - interview appointment in Santa Ana - APPROVED!!!

01/16/2007 - greencard in mail

01/22/2007 - EAD card in mail (well, thank you very much)

javatar1.jpgjavbw2.jpgjavbw4.jpgjavbw1.jpg

avbw1.jpgavbw3.jpgavbw2.jpgavbw4.jpg

Jonnie & Sandra

Seeing that you are going to fly from Frankfurt which is about the same amount of time flying to the US then for me from Amsterdam,…I definitely recommend British Airways!!! :thumbs:

Their not always the cheapest,…but they are certainly the only ones with an excellent service!!! :thumbs:

“Lil_Halo” was complaining about the seat he was in?

Well,..i’m 6’ 2 as well, if your smart you CAN book any seat you want in your class beforehand ONLINE with BA! ;):D:thumbs:

I flew “AA” with my last trip to America (because they were a lot cheaper) from Dec ’05 to Jan ’06,….but I’m NEVER going to do that again, not even if the seat is for FREE!!! :wacko::dead:

Regards Mark.

wanna see my avatar in fullsize?>>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a33JXYbuCEY

I flew BA to LA when myself and my two dogs moved here last year. I would definately recommend them. You are right in saying they allow two suitcases up to 32kg each. I actually had three when I moved here and the lady said 'i can see you are going for a long time' so she didnt charge me any excess baggage for the third suitcase. Also, a great bonus, they forgot to charge me for my dogs so they travelled free! Go BA, they are good.

LONDON TO CALIFORNIA ....

K1

May 5th 05 - K1 petition sent to CSC

August 23rd 05 - Visa Approved!!!

AOS and EAD

December 5th 05 - AOS and EAD sent

December 16th 05 - NOA's received for both AOS and EAD

December 31st 05 - Receive letter for AOS interview

February 6th 06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED

February 16th 06 - Biometrics Appointment

February 22nd 06 - EAD Approved via e mail

February 27th 06 - EAD card in mail!!!

March 6th 06 - Got a job!

March 17th 06 - Green Card Approval via e mail

March 18th 06 - 'Welcome to America' letter arrives

March 24th 06 - Green Card Arrives!

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world.

For indeed, that's all who ever have."

Timeline
You are right in saying they allow two suitcases up to 32kg each. I actually had three when I moved here and the lady said 'i can see you are going for a long time' so she didnt charge me any excess baggage for the third suitcase.

That is so great!!!

Thanks everbody for the great advice, I think I'm gonna give BA a try! :energetic:

AOS & EAD:

10/18/2006 - NOA1

Jonnie & Sandra

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

went to London via American.. wrong.. small seats.. lots of very restless children.. (I went in Feb) didnt realize the amount of UKers traveling to Dizzyland that time of year.. oh my goshhhh.. ..

the seat in front of me actually broke due the lovely 7yr old boy reclining and jumping on the seat.. Request for another seat.. or tying this munchkin down was all but ignored... meal was free only when went international... but from portland to chicago.. got oreo cookies only and a offer to buy a $5 lunchable.. yuck.Worse flight.. . ever.. ..

Went on BA from Gatwick to Glasgow... world of difference..

leatherette seats.. wider seats. more spacious between seats. food 200% better.. .. and free... ..

flew back to USA via American.. .. and know I will never do again.. ..

originally was one stop.. something happened.. got to teh ticket counter .and they changed it.. .. whooo aaa what I said... ohh.. the flight you took was cancled.. so we rebooked you... might i say not direct. but.. had to change 3 times.. .. all comuter flights.. short 2 hr flights. but..small cramped.. with no meals.. .. not something i wanted after just flying what 12+ hrs .from london.. along with jetlag... makes one a very grumpy flyer.. .. .. wished i could have just taken a sedetive and slept tru it.. but couldnt due to the amount of flight changes...

.... might i add... I did not fly in peak flying season.. and there was no snow storms.. at any point in the flight.. aughh

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Only 3 international flight experiences with BA:

• Atlanta-Gatwick, return flight (counts as two), Mar 1999
  • Heathrow-Chennai, Dec 1999

Excellent service, generally, on both flights. :thumbs:

Next flight to India, they're in my consideration.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

I have flown BA 8 times back and forth from the UK to USA.....I love 'em!! This time we are flying Continental as they beat BA on price (this is not common though 'cos BA are usually very competitive)....so we are not really looking forward to this flight as we have been spoilt by BA.

Jen

Removing of Conditions Timeline

05/29/2007 - Sent package to NSC

05/31/2007 - Package received by NSC

06/01/2007 - Date on NOA (1 day after they received our package!)

06/11/2007 - NOA and Biometrics notice received via snail-mail

06/21/2007 - Biometrics taken

04/03/2008 - Transferred to CSC

05/14/2008 - Approved (notified via email)

05/21/2008 - Card received

Timeline

Guys, you're all being so helpful! Thank you so much! :thumbs:

AOS & EAD:

10/18/2006 - NOA1

Jonnie & Sandra