Brent2019

(K-1) Changed location of embassy from Canada to Sydney, transfer in progress for 2 months now. Questions about what we can do while waiting

8 posts in this topic

Our case was "ready" in Canada but my beneficiary had to move back to Australia so we requested a transfer. It's been 2 months and when I emailed the Sydney embassy they told me they hadn't received our file yet. Is this normal?

We haven't gotten to fill DS-160 or go for the medical because we don't know if we get a new case number after the transfer and are afraid to use the Canadian one because we don't know if they require a specific one to the country you're taking the medical in.

Also our I-129F is going to expire soon and Sydney hasn't even received our file yet. Do I send an email asking for revalidation regardless?

Can we fill out the DS-160 with our Canadian case # while we wait for transfer?

Can we do the medical with the Canadian case #?

This is all so stressful

Thanks for reading

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I would wait until you hear from the consulate in Sydney.  Unfortunately, there is not a lot you can do until that happens.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

25 minutes ago, Brent2019 said:

Can we fill out the DS-160 with our Canadian case # while we wait for transfer? 

Can we do the medical with the Canadian case #?

No.  The case numbers issued by NVC are consulate-specific, with 3 letter prefixes that identify the consulate.

Have you contacted the Montreal consulate to see if they sent the petition back to NVC to be processed for transit to Sydney?

48 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

No.  The case numbers issued by NVC are consulate-specific, with 3 letter prefixes that identify the consulate.

Have you contacted the Montreal consulate to see if they sent the petition back to NVC to be processed for transit to Sydney?

Yes, they were of no help and told me to email Sydney, which I already have been doing several times. Can I ask them for a mailing # to track their package or something? Sydney also told me to email them by July 5th if I hadn't heard from them regarding my case, so I did, and they told me a week ago they haven't received the file yet. And now it's July 19th and I'm thinking of sending another email but it's the weekend in Australia and I'm pretty sure they're closed.

Edited by Brent2019

35 minutes ago, Brent2019 said:

Yes, they were of no help and told me to email Sydney, which I already have been doing several times. Can I ask them for a mailing # to track their package or something? Sydney also told me to email them by July 5th if I hadn't heard from them regarding my case, so I did, and they told me a week ago they haven't received the file yet. And now it's July 19th and I'm thinking of sending another email but it's the weekend in Australia and I'm pretty sure they're closed.

Hmm.  So they said it would be sent directly from Montreal to Sydney?  I'm surprised it would not be returned to NVC first, actually, and then sent out with their regular DHL batches.

No way to track what hasn't been sent, so I guess try Sydney on Monday?

2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Hmm.  So they said it would be sent directly from Montreal to Sydney?  I'm surprised it would not be returned to NVC first, actually, and then sent out with their regular DHL batches.

No way to track what hasn't been sent, so I guess try Sydney on Monday?

Honestly I have no idea if they send it directly or to the NVC first. I emailed Sydney about transferring in May and they said they contacted and requested the file from Montreal. I'm not sure if transfers are sent directly or back to NVC first.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.