spring333

N400 5 yr rule no decision

13 posts in this topic

Long story short

2013 conditional GC

2015 condition lifted, got permanent GC (had stokes interview)

2016 applied for N400 3 yr rule and withdrew petition after a year

In March this year had 5 yr rule interview, passed the test.

In April got RFE, submitted in May

120 days which is deadline by law is approaching (next week) and I still have no decision. 

Anyone with similar experience?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
36 minutes ago, spring333 said:

In April got RFE, submitted in May

120 days which is deadline by law is approaching (next week) and I still have no decision. 

Anyone with similar experience?

I have seen here that some people have been waiting even longer than the "deadline". Have you tried to contact USCIS? it is weird that it is taking them this long, especially after you passed the test and provided response to an RFE.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the RFE for?

ROC Timeline:

Package sent - 02/06/18

NOA1 Received by USCIS - 02/09/18

NOA2 Biometrics Scheduled - 03/10/18

Biometrics Done - 03/30/18

Fingerprint Review completed - 04/02/18

Case Transferred from VSC to TSC - 02/13/19

RFE was received- 04/22/19

RFE response sent - 05/09/19

New Card is Being Produced - 06/03/19

10-year Green Card Received - 06/07/19 :dance:

N-400 Timeline:

Applied online - 07/01/19 

Receipt notice - 07/02/19

Biometrics notice online - 07/05/19

Biometrics - Scheduled for 07/23/19

Biometrics Done (Walk-in) - 07/09/19

July 2019 N-400 spread sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19rv0w-Ls_-225a0AqzhsTObXb2DcT07oACpdIHhn9dE/edit

6 minutes ago, AI135 said:

I have seen here that some people have been waiting even longer than the "deadline". Have you tried to contact USCIS? it is weird that it is taking them this long, especially after you passed the test and provided response to an RFE.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the RFE for?

I didnt contact them yet, will do in August, 120 days will be next Friday.

They asked for proofs of my marriage for 2016 only!  Even lawyer was like ####### you got green card in 2015. I got divorced in 2017, so I did provide as much as I could like lease, credit card statements, letters from emloyers saying my ex was listed as my emergency contact and beneficiary, car insurance..... Even my ex whom I am friend with now ( we both are adults and our divorce was easy) wrote a letter saying how she cares for me and how she supports my application  so I sent that letter along with what they asked for. 

Timeline

@spring333 it is not unheard of when they look all the way back into your immigration journey before making a decision on your Naturalization. There are several people here who are in the same boat with you, however, I still dont understand why it is taking them this long to process your RFE response. I would contact them as soon as you are in a "longer than normal" timeline. Hope this all goes well and your Oath Ceremony date will be scheduled before next Friday.

ROC Timeline:

Package sent - 02/06/18

N-400 Timeline:

July 2019 N-400 spread sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19rv0w-Ls_-225a0AqzhsTObXb2DcT07oACpdIHhn9dE/edit

9 minutes ago, AI135 said:

@spring333 it is not unheard of when they look all the way back into your immigration journey before making a decision on your Naturalization. There are several people here who are in the same boat with you, however, I still dont understand why it is taking them this long to process your RFE response. I would contact them as soon as you are in a "longer than normal" timeline. Hope this all goes well and your Oath Ceremony date will be scheduled before next Friday.

Have you read their posts and experience? Do you happen to have link(s) so i can read ?

Timeline
1 minute ago, spring333 said:

Have you read their posts and experience? Do you happen to have link(s) so i can read ?

I will try to find them and post them here. I remember one member here received an RFE and had been asked questions about his marriage during the naturalization interview. It all ended well as far as I remember, don't remember the timeline though. As I said,  i will try to find the post and provide the link for you.

ROC Timeline:

Package sent - 02/06/18

N-400 Timeline:

Filed: Timeline
9 hours ago, AI135 said:

this is not unusual. i have been waiting for over a year since my interview

Filed: Timeline
Just now, spring333 said:

oh wow thats insane ! did you ask them whats going on

They said it's pending adjudication. USCIS works on their on timeline. There's not much to do other than service requests, contacting congressman or Ombudsman. Some people have had luck with that.I just havent

14 minutes ago, praizee said:

They said it's pending adjudication. USCIS works on their on timeline. There's not much to do other than service requests, contacting congressman or Ombudsman. Some people have had luck with that.I just havent

that sucks. they know you can sue them if they dont respond in 120 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.