Talitha1

Credit card payment rejected - but all information correct

5 posts in this topic

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi,

I hope there is someone here who can help me. 

Yesterday I received a mail from the USCIS that my Credit Card Transaction was denied. However, I checked all information, which was correct. Furthermore, I called my credit card company, they said they did not reject a payment. 

Also the limit on my credit card was not reached. Does anyone know how this could have happened? What might have been wrong?

Furthermore, I noticed that USCIS tried to mail me once before (there was an extra enveloppe) but it stated 'return to sender, unable to forward', I checked my address, this was correct. Does anyone know why I did not receive the mail in the first place? 

Thank you in advance!

So you filled out Form G-1450 correct? 

Did you get the card number and expiration date on the form right? 

Did you get the amount right? 

Does the address you entered on the form match with your credit card statement? 

Did you sign it? 

As for the address, did you double check the formatting and abbreviations on usps.com?

https://tools.usps.com/zip-code-lookup.htm?byaddress

Edited by Laurelia

Timeline

Yes, I filled out Form G-1450 correct. The card number and expiration date were also correct and the amount was correct as well.

I double checked and let someone check it as well. The statement was signed. 

Regarding the address, I used the address I currently live in NYC. 

However, my credit card is from a Dutch company. 

The U.S. address has been spelled correctly for sure. But, should I have used my Dutch address?

9 minutes ago, Talitha1 said:

Yes, I filled out Form G-1450 correct. The card number and expiration date were also correct and the amount was correct as well.

I double checked and let someone check it as well. The statement was signed. 

Regarding the address, I used the address I currently live in NYC. 

However, my credit card is from a Dutch company. 

The U.S. address has been spelled correctly for sure. But, should I have used my Dutch address?

If the billing address is not the US address you put that may be the issue

Timeline

Ok, yes that could be the case.

However, I am quite surprised that I can find almost no information online regarding this issue.

Since almost all people who pay by credit card to the USCIS are foreigners, I would expect this to be an issue more often. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.