Derek & Cece

DS-160 Visa Fee Issue?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey everyone. We finished filling out our DS-160 today and created a traveldocs account, per the instructions we received. We proceeded to set up to pay the MRV fee but when we go our confirmation page the DS-160 confirmation number it shows is for a B2 visa from last year instead of the K1 visa we are filing for now. It does show the updated information such as visa type, my new address, and the consulate in Sydney instead of Perth but I am concerned the MRV fee somehow got applied to the previous visa from last year which doesn't make sense since it was already paid and subsequently denied. Has anyone experienced something similar?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey, not sure about the particular issue you have mentioned with previous visa application, but I had some issues last night and today with paying the MRV fee because I apparently had duplicate traveldocs accounts on the same email login, even though I only ever created one. The system tried to merge the accounts and then just shut me out. I called their customer service line, and they had it fixed within a few minutes. Highly recommend you give them a call, they were way more helpful than I expected! +61-1-300-139399. Open at 9am. Good luck!

(With phone prompts, just do non-immigrant, and then option 1 to schedule an interview, that seems to be the only way to actually talk to someone, the other lines are pre-recorded info). 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Eagleburra said:

Hey, not sure about the particular issue you have mentioned with previous visa application, but I had some issues last night and today with paying the MRV fee because I apparently had duplicate traveldocs accounts on the same email login, even though I only ever created one. The system tried to merge the accounts and then just shut me out. I called their customer service line, and they had it fixed within a few minutes. Highly recommend you give them a call, they were way more helpful than I expected! +61-1-300-139399. Open at 9am. Good luck!

(With phone prompts, just do non-immigrant, and then option 1 to schedule an interview, that seems to be the only way to actually talk to someone, the other lines are pre-recorded info). 

Alright thank you, we'll give them a call ASAP!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, Derek & Cece said:

Hey everyone. We finished filling out our DS-160 today and created a traveldocs account, per the instructions we received. We proceeded to set up to pay the MRV fee but when we go our confirmation page the DS-160 confirmation number it shows is for a B2 visa from last year instead of the K1 visa we are filing for now. It does show the updated information such as visa type, my new address, and the consulate in Sydney instead of Perth but I am concerned the MRV fee somehow got applied to the previous visa from last year which doesn't make sense since it was already paid and subsequently denied. Has anyone experienced something similar?

Did you set it up on the IV unit versus the NIV unit?

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

Did you set it up on the IV unit versus the NIV unit?

The only option for K visas on the traveldocs site was for IV. K visas didn't show up under NIV. If you mean when we did the DS-160, that form is specifically for NIV as far as I am aware. There was no option to do it for an IV.

Timeline
On 7/16/2019 at 2:14 AM, Eagleburra said:

We got in touch with them and everything was sorted out but we still haven't gotten our interview date. We called them back and they said they never got the e-mail from us so we sent another one and this time we actually got a confirmation so I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Derek & Cece said:

We got in touch with them and everything was sorted out but we still haven't gotten our interview date. We called them back and they said they never got the e-mail from us so we sent another one and this time we actually got a confirmation so I'm hoping that's a good sign.

@Derek & Cece Oh that sucks that they didn't get it the first time! Yep, I got a confirmation response straight after I sent our email off, then I heard back 2 days later. So hopefully you should have your interview appointment date tomorrow, my fingers are crossed for you. It has been the first time in months that I've mentally relaxed since we got ours! I had my medical the Friday before our case arrived at the embassy and have all the required documents ready, so now just waiting patiently. 

Edited by Eagleburra

Timeline
1 minute ago, Eagleburra said:

@Derek & Cece Oh that sucks that they didn't get it the first time! Yep, I got a confirmation response straight after I sent our email off, then I heard back 2 days later. So hopefully you should have your interview appointment date tomorrow, my fingers are crossed for you. It has been the first time in months that I've mentally relaxed since we got ours! I had my medical the Friday before our case arrived at the embassy and have all the required documents ready, so now just waiting patiently. 

My fiance still needs to sort out her vaccinations before her medical exam as I hear they are much more expense if you get them during it. It's a shame Australian healthcare doesn't cover that for adults but since she's from Vietnam and isn't aware of having ever gotten them, she needs the full round of vaccinations >_<

Timeline
Just now, Derek & Cece said:

My fiance still needs to sort out her vaccinations before her medical exam as I hear they are much more expense if you get them during it. It's a shame Australian healthcare doesn't cover that for adults but since she's from Vietnam and isn't aware of having ever gotten them, she needs the full round of vaccinations >_<

I was born in Australia and have been going to the same doctor since I was born and they still don't have any record of my vaccinations! I know I'm 34, but I didn't think I was so old that they wouldn't have any records, Haha. I got an immunities blood test/serology report to prove that I'd had the required vaccinations previously (MMR and Varicella); had evidence of DTP in last 10 years; and I got the flu shot too just to be safe. I'm aware your Fiancée is based in Perth and is likely having it there, but just in case she is as nervous as I was - my medical in Sydney went really well, the doctor was amazing. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Eagleburra said:

I was born in Australia and have been going to the same doctor since I was born and they still don't have any record of my vaccinations! I know I'm 34, but I didn't think I was so old that they wouldn't have any records, Haha. I got an immunities blood test/serology report to prove that I'd had the required vaccinations previously (MMR and Varicella); had evidence of DTP in last 10 years; and I got the flu shot too just to be safe. I'm aware your Fiancée is based in Perth and is likely having it there, but just in case she is as nervous as I was - my medical in Sydney went really well, the doctor was amazing. 

Thanks I really appreciate the info. And just so I know what to look for, this is what it shows on the ustraveldocs site for us right now. I assume that when the interview is scheduled, the box that says 'No appointment is currently scheduled.' will update?

Capture.PNG

Timeline

No worries at all! I got 2 emails at the same time - one that looks like similar to the confirmation email saying that a response has been sent and to log into the traveldocs account; and then another email that had the actual interview date. The second email also specified that there would be no update to the dashboard on the traveldocs account. My dashboard still looks like the above. 

I was worried that I need to confirm with someone and wasn't sure if I should email, so I called up to double check what I needed to do. That agent on the phone said that I did not need to confirm anything or respond if I was able to attend the appointment date and time provided (which I was). She said you only need to reply or contact them if you cannot make the date they provide. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Eagleburra said:

No worries at all! I got 2 emails at the same time - one that looks like similar to the confirmation email saying that a response has been sent and to log into the traveldocs account; and then another email that had the actual interview date. The second email also specified that there would be no update to the dashboard on the traveldocs account. My dashboard still looks like the above. 

I was worried that I need to confirm with someone and wasn't sure if I should email, so I called up to double check what I needed to do. That agent on the phone said that I did not need to confirm anything or respond if I was able to attend the appointment date and time provided (which I was). She said you only need to reply or contact them if you cannot make the date they provide. 

Oh I see... so I've been checking this site for days for nothing! haha... I just thought because her old appointment showed up on there (the B2 visa she applied for last year) her new one would as well under appointment history if nothing else.

Timeline

Haha, yes all for naught, sorry to inform you! I'm not sure what the deal is, but it must have something to do with the K1 visa being unique and a hybrid of sorts between immigrant/non-immigrant, and that you don't actually book your interview through the traveldocs website like other visas. Thank god for Visa Journey, I would have no idea what was going on without it! 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Eagleburra said:

Haha, yes all for naught, sorry to inform you! I'm not sure what the deal is, but it must have something to do with the K1 visa being unique and a hybrid of sorts between immigrant/non-immigrant, and that you don't actually book your interview through the traveldocs website like other visas. Thank god for Visa Journey, I would have no idea what was going on without it! 

I wholeheartedly agree! Visa Journey FTW! ❤️

Timeline

Bittersweet update. We finally got our reply from them but they said: 

"Our office has received all requested documents to schedule your appointment, however, appointments are fully booked at this time. 

You have been placed on a waitlist to be scheduled once new appointments are released. We thank you for your patience and hope to get back to you at our soonest."

So tragic! 😢

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.