Oaftobark

Are my fiancees and co sponsors bank statements out of date?

2 posts in this topic

Hi all, my fiancee sent me all the paperwork/proof/ supporting documents for the i134 affidavit of support (including the i134 for our co sponsor).  

As she and the co sponsor were gathering the documents since april, the most recent bank statement for my fiancee is dated from mid april, whilst my cosponsors is dated mid may.  (We have 3 years of statements for each sponsor)

(Although my fiancee does earn enough, she had only been working at her current job a few months, so we used a cosponsor just to be safe- so the cosponsor is the main sponsor)

My question is, if my embassy interview is in august, will they look at the bank statements and say the most recent one is too old? - as its dated from april and may for my fiancee and co sponsor respectively?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Oaftobark said:

(We have 3 years of statements for each sponsor)

Are you freaking kidding me? Three years?? If these people have a job, then why would you need bank statements. Are they sponsoring on cash in the bank instead of having a regular paycheck? 

#overkill

58 minutes ago, Oaftobark said:

My question is, if my embassy interview is in august, will they look at the bank statements and say the most recent one is too old? - as its dated from april and may for my fiancee and co sponsor respectively?

That is not too old. 

This is going to be way way easier than you think. Turn in an employer letter or statement from your fiancé and if it states she is over 100% of the poverty limit, then you will likely be approved with nothing else and without the other sponsor. If her 2018 tax return is not sufficient, then skip the tax return. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.