Kym

A Congressional Inquiry!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
I hope that puts your mind at ease a little about if your petition is at the correct place. Good luck

Thank you so much for your help.I really hope you guys get it done really soon :thumbs:

But you know we all make mistakes,you will never believe what we went through at the beginning of our process,it sucked really bad and that was because we did not read and get the info properly like we should of done.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Sometimes I feel like everytime I post on this message board, I am bitching and moaning. Something needs to go in our favor!

It seems that our petition (the 2nd time around) is once again screwed up! I am about to lose my mind! And then I come here and read the timelines and everyone receiving their NOA2. While I am very happy for those people, it brings tears to my eyes since we have been trying to get a NOA2 since June, 2006. And I call, what a joke that is...I can not get any answers! They only seem to get confused when I tell them the entire story and they see that there is another petition out there pending that has no activity since Oct. 06. I try and tell them that a laison said it had been "administratively closed" and that is why we had to refile. But the system does not show that. So there sits our 2nd application, and they can't tell me what is going on with it either. I just want to scream everytime I talk to them!

So I have been in contact with my Congressman and his assistant that handles immigration. I received this in an email on Friday:

"Greetings from the office of Congressman Emanuel Cleaver, II:

Ms. xxxxxxx, thank you for contacting your Congressman's office, proudly serving the Fifth Congressional District of Missouri. Judging from the information you provided with our phone call it may be possible for Congressman Cleaver and/or his staff to look into this matter concerning your fiancés application for a K-1 visa. However the Privacy Act of 1974 requires that you complete the attached form in its entirety in order for the Congressman's office to work on your behalf. Once completed, please send the form to the District office using the information provided on the bottom of the form. If you have any questions please refer to the contact information following this communication.

Warmest regards, "

I also spoke to her on the phone and she said that they would do a congressional inquiry! I just have to fax over the Privacy Act plus copies of our application, etc. I will do that first thing on Monday and I hope hope hope that it doesn't take long to send out the congressional to CIS. I still have a wait in front of me but it gives me some sort of comfort that after almost a year of waiting (just for a NOA2), maybe somebody will be able to get to the bottom of this god awful mess!!!!

:dance: I will be crossen my fingers and toes this congress person goes in overdrive for you!

Bobbie & Klaus

2/23/07 Mailed Package to TSC (G-325A & I-125)

2-25-07 Online PO shows package delivered

3-06-07 NOA on I-129

3-12-07 Touched (I think)

6-8-07 Touched appropriately!

Regarding the RFE thing... I called USCIS and then followed the prompts for request for evidence. You should be asked to enter your WAC# and it will say something like please send all information requested or something like that. You can then press something to speak with a real person. I told that person I had seen that my application had been worked on 2 weeks ago and I hadnt heard anything, so I was concerned about an RFE. I was then told I had been approved the date of my 1st touch. Another option, though it may be too soon, is to try contacting the NVC at 1-603-334-0700. Press 1 for english and 5 to speak with a person. Best to try after 6 or early in the morning and you'll probably have to call back a few times before you can even be put on hold. Good luck!

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hav you considered DCF in Australia, last I heard visitors could.

Direct consular filing is possible in Australia, however that wasn't the best for us given our circumstances. We did consider several routes to take once we decided to marry and the K1 was the best for us. And the thought of starting something over from the beginning...well just can't seem to fathom it. Plus, we would need to marry first, is my understanding.

Has it been ok'ed again, I know there was a hold on it a while back, so it will be better to call and verify if you do decide to marry 1st

I cant believe all you have gone through, hope you hear soon

Jayde

2004 K-1 Visa Service Center : Texas Service Center Consulate : Sydney, Australia Sep 22: I-129F Sent Approved in 89 days. Apr 4: Interview took 194 days from filing. Apr 13: LAX POE Date Marriage 5 July 2005

2005 Adjustment of Status CIS Office Aug 5: Miami FL Date Filed Aug 12: NOA Date : 2005-08-12 Aug 17: chq cashed Bio. Appt. 2006 May 2: Interview Date June 6: Interview Cancelled T'fer to CSC May 26 2006 - June 10: Approval Date : 2006-6-10 July 21: Greencard Received

2006 July 21 06 GREENCARD

2008 I751 Application sent Mar 10: Texas Service Center Mar 14: Check cashed

April 17: Infopass at Miami for 1 year extension stamp in passport due to no NOA

April 22: Biometrics - took 15 minutes April 22/23: Touched both days but no changes

2009 Feb 04 10 Year GREENCARD

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

yes someone please explain to those of us who are new. What is the rfe trick? :help:

15/05/2007 Sent 129f to Nebraska transferred to Csc

29/05/2007 Recieved noa1

01/06/2007 Touch

15/08/2007 Called csc. told working on apps from 14/05/2007

15/08/2007 Touch(Due to phone call)

16/08/2007 Touch( phone call or did it finally get assigned?)

19/09/2007 Approved (145 days from sending)

02/11/2007 NVC received

06/11/2007 Left NVC

14/11/2007 Embassy received

15/11/2007 Packet sent out

04/12/2007 Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.