Nimpha

My interview is in august and I'm worried I don't enough documents to bring from the checklist.

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

As the title states, I don't have the majority of the documents requested because I never got my ead and with that I never got my SSN and as a result I wasn't able to have any USA documents. The only JOINT document we can show is our apartment lease and I guess our gym membership. We are under the phone bill of my mother in law but it doesn't show any names but hers on the bill. 
I have plenty of pictures from our marriage and together with the family during birthdays, festivites and such, and also letters that I got from family members that live far away who congratulated us for our marriage. Also I don't know if this matters as proof, but recently my parents shipped over here my dog from my home country. Also I can show call/text records between me and my husband.
Along with that, this is due to my own stupidity I would say, I don't have a copy of the packet we sent for our AOS request. We can easily recuperate what was inside there, aside from the check and maybe one more document. (I have pdf copies of my ead and aos filed, it only miss the signature because it was before I printed those out).
Do we need to submit another affidativ of support? And do I have to have another medical examination done? (I already submitted this documents in the aos packet)

I'm sorry if this is a lot but I'm feeling really stressed by this, because I don't want to lose everything like this, and I don't want to have to leave my husband side. Thank you in advance to who answers!

1 hour ago, Nimpha said:

As the title states, I don't have the majority of the documents requested because I never got my ead and with that I never got my SSN and as a result I wasn't able to have any USA documents. The only JOINT document we can show is our apartment lease and I guess our gym membership. We are under the phone bill of my mother in law but it doesn't show any names but hers on the bill. 
I have plenty of pictures from our marriage and together with the family during birthdays, festivites and such, and also letters that I got from family members that live far away who congratulated us for our marriage. Also I don't know if this matters as proof, but recently my parents shipped over here my dog from my home country. Also I can show call/text records between me and my husband.

Take what you have. Since you married less than 2 years ago, you'll do Removal of Conditions later.

1 hour ago, Nimpha said:

And do I have to have another medical examination done? (I already submitted this documents in the aos packet)

Did you enter with a K-1? If so, was the DS-3025 marked as complete?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Take what you have. Since you married less than 2 years ago, you'll do Removal of Conditions later.

Did you enter with a K-1? If so, was the DS-3025 marked as complete?

I entered with a k-1. On my DS-3025  it says " K visa applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements" I don't see anything where it  says specifically "completed"

Also I don't know if it matters but the expiration date is "10/31/2020/"

Edited by Nimpha

4 minutes ago, Nimpha said:

I entered with a k-1. On my DS-3025  it says " K visa applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements" I don't see anything where it  says specifically "completed"

Also I don't know if it matters but the expiration date is "10/31/2020/"

That medical is still valid. Take a photocopy of the DS-3025 and the relevant section of the Policy Manual: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-3#S-B-4

Timeline
1 hour ago, HRQX said:

That medical is still valid. Take a photocopy of the DS-3025 and the relevant section of the Policy Manual: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-3#S-B-4

Okay thank you so much for your reply!

So I don't have to worry about all the joint "proofs" that they require? I'm guessing they will be understanding considering I haven't got my ead and ssn yet

There are things you can get without a SSN: joint bank account, beneficiary on life insurance, co signer for a credit card. Also, any mail sent to you at the address you share with your husband is useful.

Travel bookings -hotels, flights-. Anything with both yours and your husband's name will do. 

The more, the better. 

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

Timeline
1 minute ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

There are things you can get without a SSN: joint bank account, beneficiary on life insurance, co signer for a credit card. Also, any mail sent to you at the address you share with your husband is useful.

We weren't able to add me in his health insurance last year because my husband was working part time and we are going to do it this year in October, but obviously that would be after the interview and won't matter anymore. (I don't remember the details, but he has the insurance from his job and I think since he switched recently to full time he has to wait 1 year before being able to add me as well) 
Regarding the bank company, we tried to have a joint account but they required a ssn and usa id from me as well and weren't able to complete it!

Some banks -such as Wells Fargo- don't require the SSN to open a bank account; they will just ask for your passport. You can also become the beneficiary on your husband's account in case of death without SSN. Becoming a credit card co signer requires nothing but your name. 

Financial commingling is what officers value the most when looking for proof of a bona fide marriage. 

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Some banks -such as Wells Fargo- don't require the SSN to open a bank account; they will just ask for your passport. You can also become the beneficiary on your husband's account in case of death without SSN. Becoming a credit card co signer requires nothing but your name. 

Financial commingling is what officers value the most when looking for proof of a bona fide marriage. 

We tried all those things you mentioned and it always asked us for a ssn. I believe that opening a new bank account is too late now, so I hope, if asked, that they will understand why we didn't end up having a joint account. I don't if this counts as financial but we can show the light bill and internet one where both our name is present!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.