Nimpha

My interview is in august and I'm worried I don't enough documents to bring from the checklist.

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

As the title states, I don't have the majority of the documents requested because I never got my ead and with that I never got my SSN and as a result I wasn't able to have any USA documents. The only JOINT document we can show is our apartment lease and I guess our gym membership. We are under the phone bill of my mother in law but it doesn't show any names but hers on the bill. 
I have plenty of pictures from our marriage and together with the family during birthdays, festivites and such, and also letters that I got from family members that live far away who congratulated us for our marriage. Also I don't know if this matters as proof, but recently my parents shipped over here my dog from my home country. Also I can show call/text records between me and my husband.
Along with that, this is due to my own stupidity I would say, I don't have a copy of the packet we sent for our AOS request. We can easily recuperate what was inside there, aside from the check and maybe one more document. (I have pdf copies of my ead and aos filed, it only miss the signature because it was before I printed those out).
Do we need to submit another affidativ of support? And do I have to have another medical examination done? (I already submitted this documents in the aos packet)

I'm sorry if this is a lot but I'm feeling really stressed by this, because I don't want to lose everything like this, and I don't want to have to leave my husband side. Thank you in advance to who answers!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 7/9/2019 at 7:21 PM, Nimpha said:

As the title states, I don't have the majority of the documents requested because I never got my ead and with that I never got my SSN and as a result I wasn't able to have any USA documents. The only JOINT document we can show is our apartment lease and I guess our gym membership. We are under the phone bill of my mother in law but it doesn't show any names but hers on the bill. 
I have plenty of pictures from our marriage and together with the family during birthdays, festivites and such, and also letters that I got from family members that live far away who congratulated us for our marriage. Also I don't know if this matters as proof, but recently my parents shipped over here my dog from my home country. Also I can show call/text records between me and my husband.
Along with that, this is due to my own stupidity I would say, I don't have a copy of the packet we sent for our AOS request. We can easily recuperate what was inside there, aside from the check and maybe one more document. (I have pdf copies of my ead and aos filed, it only miss the signature because it was before I printed those out).
Do we need to submit another affidativ of support? And do I have to have another medical examination done? (I already submitted this documents in the aos packet)

I'm sorry if this is a lot but I'm feeling really stressed by this, because I don't want to lose everything like this, and I don't want to have to leave my husband side. Thank you in advance to who answers!

Take whatever you have and explain why you don't have that much yet. Maybe some affidavits from family members would help, since you have no joint finances etc.

I had a folder on my laptop with all the documents we sent for AOS,  printed all that again and took an updated I-864 + most recent tax returns and all the other documentation they asked for.

And no, no new medical is needed. Check the instructions from I-693, it clearly states in there that if you filed within 1 year after overseas medical a new medical is not necessary. I also took a print of that page to the interview for if we would get a hard time over it, officer didn't even ask about the medical.

Also, try to be a little better prepared for ROC. I started getting bills in both of our names a few months after I moved here, got a joint bank account etc. Did not need my SSN for anything except the car loan. I gathered everything in folders on my laptop over the months. Good thing to do for your ROC so you don't have to stress out over it.

Edited by C90

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, C90 said:

Also, try to be a little better prepared for ROC. I started getting bills in both of our names a few months after I moved here, got a joint bank account etc. Did not need my SSN for anything except the car loan. I gathered everything in folders on my laptop over the months. Good thing to do for your ROC so you don't have to stress out over it.

Alright thank you so much for your reply, I will try my hardest to save everything I can in the months to come that can help me with the ROC! 
I hope this interview will go well and that our documents will be just enough. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.