Jump to content
jjack

NVC Submission - original documents question

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone, 

 

I am petitioning for my wife who is in India for immigrant visa. We finally received email from NVC regarding case creation, and their request to pay the fees for Affidavit of Support (AOS) and DS260. 

I have paid the fees and uploaded the documents requested:

  • I-864EZ and
  • Most recent Tax returns (2018).

 

Additionally, we have filled out DS 260 and my wife (the applicant) has submitted the following documents: 

  • Photographs
  • Police Certificate
  • Passport biographic page
  • Marriage Certificate and 
  • Birth Certificate

 

In the original email that we have received, it is mentioned that "You must bring the exact original of any scanned document you upload to CEAC that NVC accepts to your immigrant visa interview. Failure to bring the exact original you uploaded to CEAC may delay the processing of your case."

 

If I read this statement correctly, they are asking for every single document that is scanned. Of course the I-864EZ is something that I had to sign before scanning and uploading. Same with Tax Returns. My question is, should I mail my signed, original I-864EZ and a copy of signed Tax Returns to my wife in India so that she can take it to the interview? Additionally, I have the original marriage certificate also. So should all these in mail to her to India? So that she can take it to the interview? 
 

Sending her a form that I have filled out (I-864EZ with my signatures), doesn't make much sense to me, but I don't want any delays in processing, so to be safe, if I have to send the documents, to her, I can do that. I just wanted to learn what others' experience has been and what has been successful and any guidance or recommendations. 

Thanks
Manan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The instructions are pretty clear, whether they make sense to you or not.  Also include evidence of current income.  (Pay stub)


Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

The instructions are pretty clear, whether they make sense to you or not.  Also include evidence of current income.  (Pay stub)



So I sign the I-864EZ, and my Tax Return and mail it to my wife in India? Is that what you recommend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jjack said:

So I sign the I-864EZ, and my Tax Return and mail it to my wife in India? Is that what you recommend?

I didn't say anything about signing a tax return.  Didn't you already sign the I-864EZ before uploading it?  If not, it will get rejected.  It's a contract.  Sign it.

 

I also recommended uploading and sending evidence of current income, like a pay stub.

 

What I recommended was to follow the instructions you read.  Stop worrying about whether they make sense to you and just do it.


Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

I didn't say anything about signing a tax return.  Didn't you already sign the I-864EZ before uploading it?  If not, it will get rejected.  It's a contract.  Sign it.

 

I also recommended uploading and sending evidence of current income, like a pay stub.



 

What I recommended was to follow the instructions you read.  Stop worrying about whether they make sense to you and just do it.

Thanks for your responses pushbrk. I did sign the I-864EZ before uploading it.

 

My question was about needing to send it to my wife so that she can take it to her interview. The instructions just generally said to bring original copy that you have uploaded. I was not sure who the 'You' is referring to. Petitioner or the Applicant. Myself as the petitioner have uploaded a few documents and my wife as the Applicant has uploaded a few documents, so was trying to understand what was being asked before making any assumptions. 

 

I will mail documents to her just to be on the safe side. Thank you for your responses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jjack said:

Thanks for your responses pushbrk. I did sign the I-864EZ before uploading it.

 

My question was about needing to send it to my wife so that she can take it to her interview. The instructions just generally said to bring original copy that you have uploaded. I was not sure who the 'You' is referring to. Petitioner or the Applicant. Myself as the petitioner have uploaded a few documents and my wife as the Applicant has uploaded a few documents, so was trying to understand what was being asked before making any assumptions. 

 

I will mail documents to her just to be on the safe side. Thank you for your responses. 

Yes, and if you did NOT upload a pay stub, make sure she takes it to the interview.


Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...