jjack

NVC Submission - original documents question

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone, 

I am petitioning for my wife who is in India for immigrant visa. We finally received email from NVC regarding case creation, and their request to pay the fees for Affidavit of Support (AOS) and DS260. 

I have paid the fees and uploaded the documents requested:

• I-864EZ and
  • Most recent Tax returns (2018).

Additionally, we have filled out DS 260 and my wife (the applicant) has submitted the following documents: 

• Photographs
  • Police Certificate
  • Passport biographic page
  • Marriage Certificate and 
  • Birth Certificate

In the original email that we have received, it is mentioned that "You must bring the exact original of any scanned document you upload to CEAC that NVC accepts to your immigrant visa interview. Failure to bring the exact original you uploaded to CEAC may delay the processing of your case."

If I read this statement correctly, they are asking for every single document that is scanned. Of course the I-864EZ is something that I had to sign before scanning and uploading. Same with Tax Returns. My question is, should I mail my signed, original I-864EZ and a copy of signed Tax Returns to my wife in India so that she can take it to the interview? Additionally, I have the original marriage certificate also. So should all these in mail to her to India? So that she can take it to the interview? 

Sending her a form that I have filled out (I-864EZ with my signatures), doesn't make much sense to me, but I don't want any delays in processing, so to be safe, if I have to send the documents, to her, I can do that. I just wanted to learn what others' experience has been and what has been successful and any guidance or recommendations. 

Thanks
Manan

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The instructions are pretty clear, whether they make sense to you or not.  Also include evidence of current income.  (Pay stub)

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
8 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

The instructions are pretty clear, whether they make sense to you or not.  Also include evidence of current income.  (Pay stub)

So I sign the I-864EZ, and my Tax Return and mail it to my wife in India? Is that what you recommend?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, jjack said:

So I sign the I-864EZ, and my Tax Return and mail it to my wife in India? Is that what you recommend?

I didn't say anything about signing a tax return.  Didn't you already sign the I-864EZ before uploading it?  If not, it will get rejected.  It's a contract.  Sign it.

I also recommended uploading and sending evidence of current income, like a pay stub.

What I recommended was to follow the instructions you read.  Stop worrying about whether they make sense to you and just do it.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
10 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

I didn't say anything about signing a tax return.  Didn't you already sign the I-864EZ before uploading it?  If not, it will get rejected.  It's a contract.  Sign it.

I also recommended uploading and sending evidence of current income, like a pay stub.

What I recommended was to follow the instructions you read.  Stop worrying about whether they make sense to you and just do it.

Thanks for your responses pushbrk. I did sign the I-864EZ before uploading it.

My question was about needing to send it to my wife so that she can take it to her interview. The instructions just generally said to bring original copy that you have uploaded. I was not sure who the 'You' is referring to. Petitioner or the Applicant. Myself as the petitioner have uploaded a few documents and my wife as the Applicant has uploaded a few documents, so was trying to understand what was being asked before making any assumptions. 

I will mail documents to her just to be on the safe side. Thank you for your responses. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, jjack said:

Thanks for your responses pushbrk. I did sign the I-864EZ before uploading it.

My question was about needing to send it to my wife so that she can take it to her interview. The instructions just generally said to bring original copy that you have uploaded. I was not sure who the 'You' is referring to. Petitioner or the Applicant. Myself as the petitioner have uploaded a few documents and my wife as the Applicant has uploaded a few documents, so was trying to understand what was being asked before making any assumptions. 

I will mail documents to her just to be on the safe side. Thank you for your responses. 

Yes, and if you did NOT upload a pay stub, make sure she takes it to the interview.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.