mmn95

General tips for CR1 Visa CEAC website EGYPT

56 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2019 at 12:34 AM, mmn95 said:

Hello all!

I am finally getting all of my paperwork approved one by one after several mistakes that are stupid and trivial, but nonetheless I have some tips to share to make sure no one has to wait 2 weeks to find out they uploaded the wrong thing or the wrong format.

1. Make sure all PDF forms are uneditable once you upload them. Usually this is an option on your laptop when you're saving a PDF file that says "export as..." and click PDF. It is not enough that all forms are in PDF format, they MUST be uneditable through this option otherwise they will reject it.

2. When scanning images, make sure all corners are visible! Again, if you scan something and it looks ok on the viewfinder, always make sure that it scans fully into the image. ALSO MAKE SURE THEY ARE THE RIGHT SIDE UP. YES, THEY WILL REJECT IT EVEN IF IT IS SCANNED FULLY BUT ISN'T IN THE RIGHT ORIENTATION. 
3. If you need to add a household member for financial support of your family member, make sure to fill out the i864-A form under their name and make sure that BOTH of you sign it. Make sure to double check signatures on all forms in general. 
4. Marriage certificates from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are not accepted. It must be the standard 1 page half English/half arabic certificate that looks orange/green.

That's all I can think of for right now, but I hope someone can find these helpful, I really was frustrated getting my documents rejected for the simplest things. 

I just uploaded my official translated Marriage certificate from Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Now that I know it will be rejected, Where do I get the half English/half arabic from ? I asked about it in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and they do not provide it or know about it. We are both foreigners. 

Thank You

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 9:04 AM, abedeygpt said:

I just uploaded my official translated Marriage certificate from Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Now that I know it will be rejected, Where do I get the half English/half arabic from ? I asked about it in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and they do not provide it or know about it. We are both foreigners. 

Thank You

Below is some info i got from the CEAC website! We got ours from the CSO after the Maazoun had finished our papers in arabic. They gave us the green-purple arabic english translated form at the office.

Marriage Certificates

Traditional Muslim:

Available

Fees: The Maazoun (the government-appointed religious authority) will generally charge a fee to register the marriage with the CSO; these fees vary based on the Maazoun.

Document Name:  Marriage Certificate

Issuing Authority:  The Maazoun, then registered with the Civil Status Organization (CSO)

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: There is no particular standard for marriage and divorce documents originally issued by the Maazoun. These documents are generally handwritten. However, after the Maazoun registers the marriage with CSO, CSO issues a standard form bilingual marriage certificate, in Arabic and English language. The Arabic-language section fades (from left to right) from purple, to green, to yellow to purple. The English language section fades (from left to right) from purple to blue to purple. The marriage certificates contain an official eagle stamps in the top left corner.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: The location in which the marriage was performed is listed in the third section of the marriage certificate. No particular issuing authority personnel title is listed.

Registration Criteria:  The Maazoun must first register the marriage with CSO, in order for CSO to issue official, standard-form marriage certificates.  If the Maazoun fails to register the marriage, the husband or wife can go to a local CSO office and request that their marriage be registered on the basis of the original, handwritten marriage certificate. Generally, however, CSO will require that the Maazoun take some action to register the marriage.

Procedure for Obtaining:  The Maazoun will provide husband and wife a copy of the handwritten marriage certificate.

Certified Copies Available: Available. These certified copies are generally known as “electronic copies.” Certified “electronic” copies can be obtained from CSO.

Alternate Documents: There are no alternate documents.

Exceptions: None

Comments: The handwritten certificate issued by the religious institution is not considered valid for immigration purposes.  Applicants must provide a copy of their Official bilingual Birth/Marriage/Death or Divorce certificates from the Civil Status Organization headquarters. Certificates are usually issued within one week period.

Traditional Christian or Other Religions:

Available

Fees: The priest will generally charge a fee to register the marriage with the CSO; these fees vary.

Document Name:  Marriage Certificate for Non-Muslims

Issuing Authority:  The Church (or other religious group), then registered with the Civil Status Organization (CSO)

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: There is no particular standard for marriage and divorce documents originally issued by the Christian church or other religious institutions. These documents are generally handwritten. However, after the religious official registers the marriage with CSO, CSO issues a standard form marriage certificate.  The Arabic-language CSO-issued marriage certificate fades (from left to right) from purple, to green, to yellow to purple. The English language CSO-issued marriage certificate fades (from left to right) from purple to blue to purple. Both Arabic and English-language marriage certificates contain an official eagle stamps in the top left corner.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: The location in which the marriage was performed is listed in the third section of the marriage certificate. No particular issuing authority personnel title is listed, but they will note where the marriage took place, i.e. the name of the church.

Registration Criteria:  The church or other religious institution’s office must first register the marriage with CSO, in order for CSO to issue an official, standard-form marriage certificate.  If the religious official fails to register the marriage, the husband or wife can go to a local CSO office and request that their marriage be registered on the basis of the original, handwritten marriage certificate.  Generally, however, CSO will require that the church’s administrative office take some action to register the marriage.

Procedure for Obtaining:  The church office (or other religious intuition) will provide husband and wife a copy of the handwritten marriage certificate within two-three days, after obtaining the official stamps from the court.

Certified Copies Available: Available. These certified copies are generally known as “electronic copies.” Certified “electronic” copies can be obtained from CSO.

Exceptions: There are no exceptions.

Comments: The handwritten certificate issued by the religious institution is not considered valid for immigration purposes. 

Non-traditional:

Available:   There are three types of marriages that can be registered with the Ministry of Justice’s Real Estate and Publicity Department:

• Egyptians to Foreigners
  • Foreigners to Foreigners
  • Orfi – A hidden contract between men and women, but not considered to be official.  However, you can legalize an Orfi marriage at the Ministry of Justice’s Real Estate and Publicity Department, and then register it with the CSO.
  • Remarriage of a previously divorced Christian (The church does not recognize divorce.  If a Christian is divorced, the church does not recognize a marriage subsequent to that divorce.  Consequently, a Christian must obtain a divorce order from a court, and if the Christian remarries at a later late, the Christian must do so in the court.)

Fees: 15 Egyptian Pounds (LE)

Document Name:  Marriage certificate

Issuing Authority:  Ministry of Justice’s Real Estate and Publicity Department, CSO

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: The Arabic-language CSO-issued marriage certificate fades (from left to right) from purple, to green, to yellow to purple. The English language CSO-issued marriage certificate fades (from left to right) from purple to blue to purple. Both Arabic and English-language marriage certificates contain an official eagle stamp in the top left corner.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title:  The location in which the marriage was performed is listed in the third section of the marriage certificate. No particular issuing authority personnel title is listed.

Registration Criteria: The Ministry of Justice court representative who conducts the marriage is responsible for registering the marriage with CSO.

Procedure for Obtaining: The husband and wife can go together in person to a local Ministry of Justice office in order be married before a representative of the court. The representative of the court will then issue a marriage certificate.

Certified Copies Available: These certified copies are generally known as “electronic copies.” Certified “electronic” copies can be obtained from CSO.

Comments: Egyptians and/or foreigners should, but are not required, to register non-traditional marriages with the CSO.  Occasionally, the Ministry of Justice automatically forwards marriages conducted under its authorities to the CSO for registration.

On 12/26/2019 at 1:34 PM, mmn95 said:

Below is some info i got from the CEAC website! We got ours from the CSO after the Maazoun had finished our papers in arabic. They gave us the green-purple arabic english translated form at the office.

Marriage Certificates

Traditional Muslim:

Available

Fees: The Maazoun (the government-appointed religious authority) will generally charge a fee to register the marriage with the CSO; these fees vary based on the Maazoun.

Document Name:  Marriage Certificate

Issuing Authority:  The Maazoun, then registered with the Civil Status Organization (CSO)

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: There is no particular standard for marriage and divorce documents originally issued by the Maazoun. These documents are generally handwritten. However, after the Maazoun registers the marriage with CSO, CSO issues a standard form bilingual marriage certificate, in Arabic and English language. The Arabic-language section fades (from left to right) from purple, to green, to yellow to purple. The English language section fades (from left to right) from purple to blue to purple. The marriage certificates contain an official eagle stamps in the top left corner.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: The location in which the marriage was performed is listed in the third section of the marriage certificate. No particular issuing authority personnel title is listed.

Registration Criteria:  The Maazoun must first register the marriage with CSO, in order for CSO to issue official, standard-form marriage certificates.  If the Maazoun fails to register the marriage, the husband or wife can go to a local CSO office and request that their marriage be registered on the basis of the original, handwritten marriage certificate. Generally, however, CSO will require that the Maazoun take some action to register the marriage.

Procedure for Obtaining:  The Maazoun will provide husband and wife a copy of the handwritten marriage certificate.

Comments: The handwritten certificate issued by the religious institution is not considered valid for immigration purposes.  Applicants must provide a copy of their Official bilingual Birth/Marriage/Death or Divorce certificates from the Civil Status Organization headquarters. Certificates are usually issued within one week period.

Traditional Christian or Other Religions:

Available

Fees: The priest will generally charge a fee to register the marriage with the CSO; these fees vary.

Document Name:  Marriage Certificate for Non-Muslims

Issuing Authority:  The Church (or other religious group), then registered with the Civil Status Organization (CSO)

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: There is no particular standard for marriage and divorce documents originally issued by the Christian church or other religious institutions. These documents are generally handwritten. However, after the religious official registers the marriage with CSO, CSO issues a standard form marriage certificate.  The Arabic-language CSO-issued marriage certificate fades (from left to right) from purple, to green, to yellow to purple. The English language CSO-issued marriage certificate fades (from left to right) from purple to blue to purple. Both Arabic and English-language marriage certificates contain an official eagle stamps in the top left corner.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: The location in which the marriage was performed is listed in the third section of the marriage certificate. No particular issuing authority personnel title is listed, but they will note where the marriage took place, i.e. the name of the church.

Registration Criteria:  The church or other religious institution’s office must first register the marriage with CSO, in order for CSO to issue an official, standard-form marriage certificate.  If the religious official fails to register the marriage, the husband or wife can go to a local CSO office and request that their marriage be registered on the basis of the original, handwritten marriage certificate.  Generally, however, CSO will require that the church’s administrative office take some action to register the marriage.

Procedure for Obtaining:  The church office (or other religious intuition) will provide husband and wife a copy of the handwritten marriage certificate within two-three days, after obtaining the official stamps from the court.

Exceptions: There are no exceptions.

Comments: The handwritten certificate issued by the religious institution is not considered valid for immigration purposes. 

Non-traditional:

Available:   There are three types of marriages that can be registered with the Ministry of Justice’s Real Estate and Publicity Department:

• Egyptians to Foreigners
  • Foreigners to Foreigners
  • Orfi – A hidden contract between men and women, but not considered to be official.  However, you can legalize an Orfi marriage at the Ministry of Justice’s Real Estate and Publicity Department, and then register it with the CSO.
  • Remarriage of a previously divorced Christian (The church does not recognize divorce.  If a Christian is divorced, the church does not recognize a marriage subsequent to that divorce.  Consequently, a Christian must obtain a divorce order from a court, and if the Christian remarries at a later late, the Christian must do so in the court.)

Fees: 15 Egyptian Pounds (LE)

Document Name:  Marriage certificate

Issuing Authority:  Ministry of Justice’s Real Estate and Publicity Department, CSO

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: The Arabic-language CSO-issued marriage certificate fades (from left to right) from purple, to green, to yellow to purple. The English language CSO-issued marriage certificate fades (from left to right) from purple to blue to purple. Both Arabic and English-language marriage certificates contain an official eagle stamp in the top left corner.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title:  The location in which the marriage was performed is listed in the third section of the marriage certificate. No particular issuing authority personnel title is listed.

Registration Criteria: The Ministry of Justice court representative who conducts the marriage is responsible for registering the marriage with CSO.

Procedure for Obtaining: The husband and wife can go together in person to a local Ministry of Justice office in order be married before a representative of the court. The representative of the court will then issue a marriage certificate.

Certified Copies Available: These certified copies are generally known as “electronic copies.” Certified “electronic” copies can be obtained from CSO.

Comments: Egyptians and/or foreigners should, but are not required, to register non-traditional marriages with the CSO.  Occasionally, the Ministry of Justice automatically forwards marriages conducted under its authorities to the CSO for registration.

Hi mmn95,  Happy New Years!

Are you egyption or a foreigner ?  I fall under the foreigners to foreigner category.  Do I still have to get one from the CSO ? I was told an official translation from the minstry should work. 

Thank You

Edited by abedeygpt

On 1/2/2020 at 10:00 PM, abedeygpt said:

Hi mmn95,  Happy New Years!

Are you egyption or a foreigner ?  I fall under the foreigners to foreigner category.  Do I still have to get one from the CSO ? I was told an official translation from the minstry should work. 

Thank You

I’m an American citizen and my husband is Egyptian 

• 3 months later...
Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 7/9/2019 at 12:34 AM, mmn95 said:

Hello all!

I am finally getting all of my paperwork approved one by one after several mistakes that are stupid and trivial, but nonetheless I have some tips to share to make sure no one has to wait 2 weeks to find out they uploaded the wrong thing or the wrong format.

1. Make sure all PDF forms are uneditable once you upload them. Usually this is an option on your laptop when you're saving a PDF file that says "export as..." and click PDF. It is not enough that all forms are in PDF format, they MUST be uneditable through this option otherwise they will reject it.

2. When scanning images, make sure all corners are visible! Again, if you scan something and it looks ok on the viewfinder, always make sure that it scans fully into the image. ALSO MAKE SURE THEY ARE THE RIGHT SIDE UP. YES, THEY WILL REJECT IT EVEN IF IT IS SCANNED FULLY BUT ISN'T IN THE RIGHT ORIENTATION. 
3. If you need to add a household member for financial support of your family member, make sure to fill out the i864-A form under their name and make sure that BOTH of you sign it. Make sure to double check signatures on all forms in general. 
4. Marriage certificates from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are not accepted. It must be the standard 1 page half English/half arabic certificate that looks orange/green.

That's all I can think of for right now, but I hope someone can find these helpful, I really was frustrated getting my documents rejected for the simplest things. 

Hello, I hope you stay safe during this hard time with COVID-19.

I uploaded the birth/marriage certificates in Arabic language and translated version from certificated translator in Egypt. They rejected twice. id the bilingual documents is new thing because my friend submit translated versions and they accepted it.

Thanks

14 hours ago, Hany Emad said:

Hello, I hope you stay safe during this hard time with COVID-19.

I uploaded the birth/marriage certificates in Arabic language and translated version from certificated translator in Egypt. They rejected twice. id the bilingual documents is new thing because my friend submit translated versions and they accepted it.

Thanks

Hi Hany, the bilingual is not new it has been almost a year since they started to ask for it. 
you have to get it From al Abbassya. Uplaod it and it will be fine. 

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
7 hours ago, Mikepeter said:

Hi Hany, the bilingual is not new it has been almost a year since they started to ask for it. 
you have to get it From al Abbassya. Uplaod it and it will be fine. 

IS there any other way to get the original document and translated ?

ASLO any other places in Alexandria to get this documents ? I assume because of COVID 19 they will be closed

1 hour ago, Hany Emad said:

IS there any other way to get the original document and translated ?

ASLO any other places in Alexandria to get this documents ? I assume because of COVID 19 they will be closed

No way. I spent almost 6 months of translating and uploading. Everytime document rejected until I uploaded the bilingual one accepted within 10 days of submission. No other places,  i think they are working Nowadays. But try to contact them or ask a friend in cairo to check it for you. 
btw you need a copy of The passport for all the petitioners and applicants included in the bilingual document. AND first degree relative for any one of them. 

Edited by Mikepeter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.