mmn95

General tips for CR1 Visa CEAC website EGYPT

56 posts in this topic

On 7/9/2019 at 8:34 AM, mmn95 said:

Hello all!

I am finally getting all of my paperwork approved one by one after several mistakes that are stupid and trivial, but nonetheless I have some tips to share to make sure no one has to wait 2 weeks to find out they uploaded the wrong thing or the wrong format.

1. Make sure all PDF forms are uneditable once you upload them. Usually this is an option on your laptop when you're saving a PDF file that says "export as..." and click PDF. It is not enough that all forms are in PDF format, they MUST be uneditable through this option otherwise they will reject it.

2. When scanning images, make sure all corners are visible! Again, if you scan something and it looks ok on the viewfinder, always make sure that it scans fully into the image. ALSO MAKE SURE THEY ARE THE RIGHT SIDE UP. YES, THEY WILL REJECT IT EVEN IF IT IS SCANNED FULLY BUT ISN'T IN THE RIGHT ORIENTATION. 
3. If you need to add a household member for financial support of your family member, make sure to fill out the i864-A form under their name and make sure that BOTH of you sign it. Make sure to double check signatures on all forms in general. 
4. Marriage certificates from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are not accepted. It must be the standard 1 page half English/half arabic certificate that looks orange/green.

That's all I can think of for right now, but I hope someone can find these helpful, I really was frustrated getting my documents rejected for the simplest things. 

How about the birth certificate? Does it have to be the English and Arabic version? We have the Arabic version only and got it translated with all the right stamps. And the police clearance? Both from Egypt. Can you describe them for me please. These are the 2 documents I got rejected only. 

On 9/25/2019 at 10:58 AM, Ramar1 said:

How about the birth certificate? Does it have to be the English and Arabic version? We have the Arabic version only and got it translated with all the right stamps. And the police clearance? Both from Egypt. Can you describe them for me please. These are the 2 documents I got rejected only. 

The birth certificate has to be both the original (in arabic) and then uploaded with it a translated copy that is stamped by an official. The police clearance papers can get rejected for a number of reasons, but make sure that each corner of the papers are visible when scanning. My husband had to take out the staples and scan front and back in order for them to finally accept it! They must include a translation and the original from the ministry of interior and stamped. The ministry of interior will provide a translated form if you tell them the purpose is for the American embassy. 

2 minutes ago, mmn95 said:

The birth certificate has to be both the original (in arabic) and then uploaded with it a translated copy that is stamped by an official. The police clearance papers can get rejected for a number of reasons, but make sure that each corner of the papers are visible when scanning. My husband had to take out the staples and scan front and back in order for them to finally accept it! They must include a translation and the original from the ministry of interior and stamped. The ministry of interior will provide a translated form if you tell them the purpose is for the American embassy. 

Are you sure? It doesn't have to be this new bilingual one? My scan was horrible, I really gotta admit that. I reuploaded it once more and I will wait 2 weeks to see what happens. Was your husband's accepted recently? 

Just now, Ramar1 said:

Are you sure? It doesn't have to be this new bilingual one? My scan was horrible, I really gotta admit that. I reuploaded it once more and I will wait 2 weeks to see what happens. Was your husband's accepted recently? 

They refused My marriage certificate and birth certificate because of this translated one from elabassya . they didn't give me the reason of why they refuse it so i resent  it so many times about 7 times i think and they refused without saying the real reason 

U can get this certificates from elabassya tell them i need the translated certificates for immigration 

1 hour ago, Ledia said:

They refused My marriage certificate and birth certificate because of this translated one from elabassya . they didn't give me the reason of why they refuse it so i resent  it so many times about 7 times i think and they refused without saying the real reason 

U can get this certificates from elabassya tell them i need the translated certificates for immigration 

What did they end up accepting? 

Just now, Ledia said:

They accepted when I brought the translated certification after 7 times refusing 

I'm sorry, I just want to understand, they accepted the original Arabic with translation, or the one that comes bilingual, English and Arabic from abasseya? The new one. 

8 minutes ago, Ledia said:

The one that comes from elabasseya. 

That’s new rule 

Yes I figured. I'll just ait for the next rejection then my husband has to fly to Egypt to get it done. You know how long it takes to come out? 

Just now, Ramar1 said:

Yes I figured. I'll just ait for the next rejection then my husband has to fly to Egypt to get it done. You know how long it takes to come out? 

You can take it in the same time 

but my thoughts to you don’t wait because u will waste your time if you have someone in Egypt but you need someone from your family he can scan and send it by the email 

Just now, Ledia said:

You can take it in the same time 

but my thoughts to you don’t wait because u will waste your time if you have someone in Egypt but you need someone from your family he can scan and send it by the email 

Issue is, the other document that they rejected is the police clearance, we got it from the Egyptian embassy in dubai, he got his finger prints taken here then we shipped it to Egypt to get the no conviction and the stamps. They rejected that one the first time too but it was a horrible scan. So I will wait for both, that way we know what he needs to still obtain. Maybe they reject that one too, that way he needs to get them both. Thanks for the tips and good luck to you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.