mmn95

General tips for CR1 Visa CEAC website EGYPT

56 posts in this topic

Hello all!

I am finally getting all of my paperwork approved one by one after several mistakes that are stupid and trivial, but nonetheless I have some tips to share to make sure no one has to wait 2 weeks to find out they uploaded the wrong thing or the wrong format.

1. Make sure all PDF forms are uneditable once you upload them. Usually this is an option on your laptop when you're saving a PDF file that says "export as..." and click PDF. It is not enough that all forms are in PDF format, they MUST be uneditable through this option otherwise they will reject it.

2. When scanning images, make sure all corners are visible! Again, if you scan something and it looks ok on the viewfinder, always make sure that it scans fully into the image. ALSO MAKE SURE THEY ARE THE RIGHT SIDE UP. YES, THEY WILL REJECT IT EVEN IF IT IS SCANNED FULLY BUT ISN'T IN THE RIGHT ORIENTATION. 
3. If you need to add a household member for financial support of your family member, make sure to fill out the i864-A form under their name and make sure that BOTH of you sign it. Make sure to double check signatures on all forms in general. 
4. Marriage certificates from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are not accepted. It must be the standard 1 page half English/half arabic certificate that looks orange/green.

That's all I can think of for right now, but I hope someone can find these helpful, I really was frustrated getting my documents rejected for the simplest things. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2019 at 6:34 AM, mmn95 said:

Hello all!

I am finally getting all of my paperwork approved one by one after several mistakes that are stupid and trivial, but nonetheless I have some tips to share to make sure no one has to wait 2 weeks to find out they uploaded the wrong thing or the wrong format.

1. Make sure all PDF forms are uneditable once you upload them. Usually this is an option on your laptop when you're saving a PDF file that says "export as..." and click PDF. It is not enough that all forms are in PDF format, they MUST be uneditable through this option otherwise they will reject it.

2. When scanning images, make sure all corners are visible! Again, if you scan something and it looks ok on the viewfinder, always make sure that it scans fully into the image. ALSO MAKE SURE THEY ARE THE RIGHT SIDE UP. YES, THEY WILL REJECT IT EVEN IF IT IS SCANNED FULLY BUT ISN'T IN THE RIGHT ORIENTATION. 
3. If you need to add a household member for financial support of your family member, make sure to fill out the i864-A form under their name and make sure that BOTH of you sign it. Make sure to double check signatures on all forms in general. 
4. Marriage certificates from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are not accepted. It must be the standard 1 page half English/half arabic certificate that looks orange/green.

That's all I can think of for right now, but I hope someone can find these helpful, I really was frustrated getting my documents rejected for the simplest things. 

Did you get the interview date ? The nvc accepted my file finally in June 13 but I didn’t  get the interview scheduled  mail till now

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 7/8/2019 at 11:34 PM, mmn95 said:

Hello all!

Walt... what half English/ half Arabic one?? I don't remember this one

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2019 at 9:08 PM, Ledia said:

Did you get the interview date ? The nvc accepted my file finally in June 13 but I didn’t  get the interview scheduled  mail till now

Ledia,  Did you get your interview scheduled?! 

My case completed 7/15/2019

Thanks 

Edited by Mikepeter

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Ledia said:

My husband has called the nvc so many times and he got the same answer  that the Egyptian embassy overloaded 😔

I had the same answers from them too. But the question is if there is no moving forward for many case even cases completed in April 2019. What makes the embassy busy. Busy with what?! That’s what i don’t understand. 

Wait a moment do u mean that ur case has completed last April of this year and you did not get an appointment from them yet?!!! Just I'm asking because my case has completed on last June that's why I'm curious to know what's going on

And how did you know that they did not schedule the people who completed their cases on last April?!!

2 hours ago, Ledia said:

Wait a moment do u mean that ur case has completed last April of this year and you did not get an appointment from them yet?!!! Just I'm asking because my case has completed on last June that's why I'm curious to know what's going on

And how did you know that they did not schedule the people who completed their cases on last April?!!

I know a friend his case completed april 2019 @ NVC. He didn’t get his interview appointment yet.

My case completed 7/15/2019. Waiting for the interview.

also here in  Visa journey there are two or three people from april 2019 and they didn’t get the interview appointment yet. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.