tonyzg97

Unmarried Son Over 21 - Visa Interview with DERIVATIVES

5 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi there, 

I am on the waiting list of F1 visa category, been waiting little bit over 6 yrs now, I was wondering if there is anybody that can share their experiences on the visa interview at the consulate with their children, questions asked to the children, etc? 

Thanks in advance.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't worry too much. The interviewing officer will not ask mind bending questions to a child, regardless of age.  There won't be an interrogation.  Our 3 children were all below 10 yrs old during their interview with their dad (F2B) and the officer just smiled and asked for their names (she even complimented my daughter's dress). My children were extra and also provided their ages.  As the beneficiary, you must be prepared. Know details like your petitioner's work, how long he/she has been in the US, home address, how they obtained their visa/how they immigrated to the US, date of birth, when's the last time they visited you in your home country, etc. 

Timeline

Thanks for your reply..I was a little concern if they were going to interrogate my daughters(12,10 and 3 at this moment)I know I won't be ready for the process any time soon since they are still reviewing cases from March 2012 and my priority date is April 2013, however, just a little concern how the process could've be with my girls. On the  other hand I will be prepare for all these question, they seem not hard to answer since my Dad (US Citizen) and all my family have been very close always and we visit each other every year.

One last question , how long before did your daughters Dad received his Welcome letter to start the process?

Thanks again apple 21!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My husband's NVC process began sometime in 2010, I can't remember exactly what month. F2B for Philippines is a 10 year wait back then. They received the interview letter in August 2011 and got their immigrant visa in Sept 2011. They flew to America Dec 2011.

Your daughters will be fine. 

Edited by apple21
Edit

Timeline

Sounds good, Thanks for all your feedback very much appreciated. 

All I need to do at this point is let the time pass by.

Thanks again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.