ladybug24

Police Clearance Certificate ( children aged 18 & 25)

11 posts in this topic

We have an interview coming up in the second week of August at the US consulate in Mumbai. We are a family of four residing abroad. Today when I visited the ustraveldocs.com to register for the biometrics, they have mentioned :

Note: Without the Indian police clearance certificate, you will not be allowed entry into U.S. Embassy New Delhi or U.S. Consulate Mumbai on your interview date.  If you do not have your police clearance certificate in time, you will need to reschedule your appointment for a later date.

Both my children have never resided in India after the age of 16 or before. So there was no necessity for us to get a police clearance certificate for them for the immigration process. But we have a valid Indian police clearance certificate for both my husband and I. But this note above is very confusing as to what it actually means. Does it mean that my kids also need an Indian police clearance certificate just to enter the Mumbai US consulate on the day of the interview ???

Please provide me with clear information on the above query. 

4 minutes ago, ladybug24 said:

We have an interview coming up in the second week of August at the US consulate in Mumbai. We are a family of four residing abroad. Today when I visited the ustraveldocs.com to register for the biometrics, they have mentioned :

Note: Without the Indian police clearance certificate, you will not be allowed entry into U.S. Embassy New Delhi or U.S. Consulate Mumbai on your interview date.  If you do not have your police clearance certificate in time, you will need to reschedule your appointment for a later date.

Both my children have never resided in India after the age of 16 or before. So there was no necessity for us to get a police clearance certificate for them for the immigration process. But we have a valid Indian police clearance certificate for both my husband and I. But this note above is very confusing as to what it actually means. Does it mean that my kids also need an Indian police clearance certificate just to enter the Mumbai US consulate on the day of the interview ???

Please provide me with clear information on the above query. 

You are having an interview in Mumbai though.  If they do not reside there, where do they reside?

What visa are you interviewing for?

Edited by Jorgedig

1 minute ago, ladybug24 said:

They reside in Dubai. But our interview is scheduled at Mumbai consulate 

Which visa?  You really need to do a timeline please.

1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

Which visa?  You really need to do a timeline please.

It’s an F4 visa 

Btw I need another very important clarification. Once the interview is over and they take our passports for visa stamping, how do I travel back to Dubai without the passport which has my residence visa on it ??

Do I have to stay behind in Mumbai until I get the passport back after visa stamping ??

5 hours ago, ladybug24 said:

It’s an F4 visa 

Btw I need another very important clarification. Once the interview is over and they take our passports for visa stamping, how do I travel back to Dubai without the passport which has my residence visa on it ??

Do I have to stay behind in Mumbai until I get the passport back after visa stamping ??

You can’t travel internationally without a passport... most people traveling back to another country for interview make concessions for this. (Why did you not choose to interview in Dubai if you are resident there?)

do your children have police certificates from Dubai? Have you confirmed that the 25-year old is protected under CSPA?

15 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

You can’t travel internationally without a passport... most people traveling back to another country for interview make concessions for this. (Why did you not choose to interview in Dubai if you are resident there?)

do your children have police certificates from Dubai? Have you confirmed that the 25-year old is protected under CSPA?

What do you mean by concessions ??? And how do I do it ??  

Of course after getting my welcome letter, I wrote to nvc twice in detail explaining my residency status, with all the proofs of my residency in Dubai (resident visa we hold for the past 20+ years). But I didn’t get any response from them. I don’t know why. 

A few months back I realized that this is done by communicating between consulates but since I had a child who was under CSPA I didn’t want to take any chances in case it got  delayed and he loses his chance.  Yet I still didn’t know how to approach the consulates in Mumbai and Abu Dhabi when my case was in nvc.

Yes of course my children have police certificates from Dubai . But since they have never lived in India they didn’t require an Indian police certificate. But I was confused after seeing the note while registering for my appointment on ustraveldocs.com. What I wanted to know was whether the note mentions that anyone who walks into the Mumbai consulate should have an Indian PCC or is it only for those who are meeting the Indian PCC requirements for immigration.

Yes my 25 year old is protected under CSPA.

5 minutes ago, ladybug24 said:

What do you mean by concessions ??? And how do I do it ??  

....since I had a child who was under CSPA I didn’t want to take any chances in case it got  delayed and he loses his chance.

I mean people plan for it... like finding out how long it usually takes to get passports back and planning accommodation  and travel accordingly. You will need to hope you are not placed in extended AP. Is your case straightforward? 

Your son is protected under CSPA for up to a year from when the visa number is available - as long as he has a CSPA age under 21 when his priority date becomes current and has an application for immigration (“sought to acquire”) within a year of his priority date becoming current. The official source for this is here: https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/child-status-protection-act 

13 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

I mean people plan for it... like finding out how long it usually takes to get passports back and planning accommodation  and travel accordingly. You will need to hope you are not placed in extended AP. Is your case straightforward? 

Your son is protected under CSPA for up to a year from when the visa number is available - as long as he has a CSPA age under 21 when his priority date becomes current and has an application for immigration (“sought to acquire”) within a year of his priority date becoming current. The official source for this is here: https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/child-status-protection-act 

Hi SusieQQQ , Do u have any idea how long it  takes to get the passports back after visa stamping  for normal cases  at the Mumbai consulate ?? 

Just to get a rough idea as to the time involved in this part of the process as the very thought of this travel planing  is somewhat overwhelming and obviously not easy.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.