cherie4usama

Going to Egypt!!!! Any advice???

47 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone. I haven't posted in a long time, but i'm going to meet my fiance in june (finally after 1 yr. Is there anyone going in this time? If anyone has any advice for me please feel free to email me at ravenfrisco@aol.com...We are going to get married in cairo and i'm going to stay in Alexandria for 1 month. We both are super excited and hope we can sail through this visa journey with luck. :) Anyway thanks to all and take care..cherie& Usama

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I brought Advil.. and tampons :P lol

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

i brought pepto and all that with me to egypt but it was never needed! but yah, i'd bring all sorts of meds in case of anything! would be awful to ruin your wedding with a problem like that.

bring sunblock and comfy shoes. its hot as hell there! lol and if you plan to go on a boat and sleep there on the nile bring bug repellent . also advil (or insert preferred pain killer here) and tampons if you use them. they don't sell tampons in most other places!

have fun!

Edited by abdounjen

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Timeline

You might want to read this....http://cairo.usembassy.gov/consular/acs12.htm

From what I understand it's not as easy (if at all possible) for Americans to marry in Egypt as it used to be.

Be prepared to sweat. It's awful hot in Cairo and quite humid in Alex this time of year. Bring mosquito spray for Alex. I brought a bunch of those pocket tissues to use as TP since many places don't have TP readily available. Many medications such as pain relievers and stomach remedies are available in Egypt. Actually I find their medication more effective than ours.

Good luck and have a nice trip.

Edited by moody

Timeline
I brought acidophilus for my crazy tummy, lots of good smelly lotion cuz you will sweat your butt off there and spending money :thumbs:

well if her SO is like mine... the spending money wouldnt even matter... I wasnt even allowed to touch it.. Big Insult :thumbs:

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

Any more than this...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I brought acidophilus for my crazy tummy, lots of good smelly lotion cuz you will sweat your butt off there and spending money :thumbs:

well if her SO is like mine... the spending money wouldnt even matter... I wasnt even allowed to touch it.. Big Insult :thumbs:

Depends on the hubster. My husband had to give up a very nice job in order to take off time for me to visit him and really to the whole visa process. A VERY LONG story, but now that he's here, he demands that he pays me back every penny I spent while in Egypt. :blush:

Filed: Timeline

It's not how you start the race, it's how you finish it that's important :thumbs: Your hubby sounds like a great guy, Amy.

Depends on the hubster. My husband had to give up a very nice job in order to take off time for me to visit him and really to the whole visa process. A VERY LONG story, but now that he's here, he demands that he pays me back every penny I spent while in Egypt. :blush:

Edited by moody

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
It's not how you start the race, it's how you finish it that's important :thumbs: Your hubby sounds like a great guy, Amy.

Awwww....thanks Kara :blush: How's your hubby doing?

Timeline

Very true Moody..... I agree sounds like a good guy :)

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

Any more than this...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks everybody for your advice. I hope everything will be ok. I have never been married before and neither has Usama. I dont have any children either maybe our marriage will not be difficult insha allah.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.