cherie4usama

Going to Egypt!!!! Any advice???

47 posts in this topic

Funny you say you never saw rats or roaches in Egypt (Alex)...I saw both (rats near the sea) and lots of the roaches (huge flying ones). Cairo doesn't have the roach problem that Alex does. Condoms are available at most pharmacies but you gotta ask for them and they kinda suck so if you're gonna use them, bring some from here. Carrefour (large Super Walmart type store)and Fathallah Market (in Alex) has peanut butter, loaved bread and American/European chocolates such as Snickers, Hersheys and Cadbury. Many homes do have vacuum cleaners but they're old style. My inlaws have one.

I am soooo glad I haven't seen any bugs or roaches. Even when we stayed in Alex and the North Coast for Easter, I didn't see any. I would have scared the shet out of everyone, cause I am terrified of both of those. hehehe

I saw some peanut butter -it was one of the not-so common items, as my in-laws had never seen or heard of it - and Snickers and things like that at the Hyper One, but I was wondering if anyone ever found good pastries or cakes. I mean, everything is OK here, but the sweets are lacking in my opinion. I want a good cheesecake or something similar to red velvet cake or peanut butter pie. OMG, I would've killed for a chocolate pecan pie during the holidays. All of the sweets are just so-so. Have any recommendations? I know about Cinnabon, and they are ok, but I need chocolate or at least a cake with some moisture and some frickin ICING. I guess I will have to break down and make my own.

And, the pharmacy thing was soo different. I mean, the pharmacies in the US have everything and I thought that the Hyper One or the other big stores would be similar, but they're not. It's kind of like living in a time warp. You have to ask for everything from the pharmacist. It was weird for me, but I'm used to it now.

Funny story, I have had all of my wisdom teeth pulled while I have been here, over the course of December/January. And, I had to take pain/anti-inflammatory medicine, which my dentist wrote out for me as injections. So, my FIL had to give me the first shot and to start with, he sprayed my butt/hip area with men's cologne to disinfect it. hahhaaa My husband is beside him, lowering my pants just a tad, and stupid me , I am used to getting a shot in the butt, and leaning over the exam table for the doctor. So, I ask, "Do you want me to bend over a little bit onto the desk?" And, my hsband starts screaming, NONONONONONO. It was so embarassing. So, later, for another shot, my FIL's hands were shaking too badly and he couldn't do it, so they called the pharmacy and one of the guys came to the house to give me the injection. The whole time we were waiting for him to get here, my hsband was saying, DO NOT BEND OVER, DONT BEND OVER, WHATEVER YOU DO, DONT BEND OVER IF YOU BEND OVER, I WILL KILL U-------- HAHHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hey Rie!

I'm glad you're finally going. I haven 't talked to you in forever! How are things going?

I don't have any advice for Egypt but have a great trip and take lots of photos!

Hey Sarah, How r u? How is married life? Things are going good with me i'm finally leaving on the 14th of this month and am very excited. Sorry i haven't opened my yahoo lately i made another to chat with Usama coz all my old bf in the other. :blush: Any hope to talk soon. Say hi to hicham for me!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.