sereia

morocco summer travel

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

:wacko::wacko: i had not planned on going to morocco yet again before my fiance arrived in the us. but now that the consulate is still closed and no opening in sight (and who knows when his interview will end up being/how long AP will be!!) i want to go see my fiance so badly. now that summer is here prices for plane tickets are DOUBLE what i paid just a few months ago. i've been checking everywhere.

travelocity, sidestep, kayak, expedia, orbitz, royal air maroc website, etc. does anyone have any in on finding good deals that i don't know of? i've also called my local moroccan travel agent and am waiting to hear back about what he can find. :help: the best i can find has been around $1300. thats insane!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I know of one girl leaving i think next week and i believe thats about what shes paying, let us know what your guy says, im thinking of going October maybe :thumbs:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
:wacko::wacko: i had not planned on going to morocco yet again before my fiance arrived in the us. but now that the consulate is still closed and no opening in sight (and who knows when his interview will end up being/how long AP will be!!) i want to go see my fiance so badly. now that summer is here prices for plane tickets are DOUBLE what i paid just a few months ago. i've been checking everywhere.

travelocity, sidestep, kayak, expedia, orbitz, royal air maroc website, etc. does anyone have any in on finding good deals that i don't know of? i've also called my local moroccan travel agent and am waiting to hear back about what he can find. :help: the best i can find has been around $1300. thats insane!

have you checked Air France? If you're not afriad of rare strains of TB, they have really good prices. :unsure:

Timeline

lol. i haven't checked them yet...but i will now! i WISH i could just do non-stop. living in NYC is such a luxury because i can do that. but if something would save me hundreds of dollars i would stop in europe first. as long as the layover isn't horrendous like it usually is when i check (6 or 8 hours! ugh!!)

i'll let you guys know what the guy says. i might just go there now instead of waiting for him to call.

and does anyone know when exactly ramadan is? i'd like to not be there during that time. i thought it was all of august? but i need dates.

world-map.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just looked and the same flight that I'm taking in July on Alitalia is now over $1,600 and I paid only a bit over $1,200 for it on March 2. Is it just because it's summer or is it due to the rise in oil?

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello Jenn... I too am looking for flights... I found on RAM ticket for around 900$... could also try kayak.com or airfare.com those usually have the best online rates. I could also give you the number of my agent, he usually gives good prices...(but unfortunately this time his rate was high $1400).

But I just booked my flight on RAM from NYC to Alger for 900$..so to Casa probably little less.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
This year Ramadan will most likely be Sept. 13-Oct. 13.

:thumbs: last year i came home right before, this year going right after...

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I travelled in July of last year and paid around $1300 on Orbitz. And this was with one of those horrible 9 hour layovers in London. (It took me 27 hours to get back home!) I did extesnive searching and it was the cheapest I could find - flying on British Airways.

When my MIL came this March, she flew on Air France, and I thought the price was reasonable. I think hers was around 1,000 or so.

Prices do fluctuate based on the season. And based on how long you stay.

I know you said you're in NY and could get a direct flight, but RAM is definitely one of the more expensive.

Good luck.

This year Ramadan will most likely be Sept. 13-Oct. 13.

:thumbs: last year i came home right before, this year going right after...

timeline doesn't matter.

Timeline
Hello Jenn... I too am looking for flights... I found on RAM ticket for around 900$... could also try kayak.com or airfare.com those usually have the best online rates. I could also give you the number of my agent, he usually gives good prices...(but unfortunately this time his rate was high $1400).

But I just booked my flight on RAM from NYC to Alger for 900$..so to Casa probably little less.

henia!!!!! where did you find your ticket with RAM for 900$????? please link. thats a very good price. my agent just called back and said $1100 is best he could get for summer. but he said he will keep trying and let me know monday what he can do.

world-map.jpg

Timeline

Esalaam. I never use orbitz I have found them to be the worst. I like airfare.com and kayak.com and my agent.

jenn: here is the link for airfare around Ramadan: http://www.royalairmaroc.com/eng/AmdeusRes...FAMILY_1=RAMECO

But I do need some dates and how long you want to stayto really look for you a good deal. I am actually really good for searching for airfare.

steps: search dates flights review travelers purchase reservation

New York to Casablanca Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Casablanca to New York Thursday, October 11, 2007

OutBound: New York-Casablanca

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

8:20 PM New York (JFK)

7:50 AM Casablanca (CMN)

+1 day(s)

Royal Air Maroc (AT)

7:30 0 stop(s) e

flight details

Return: Casablanca-New York

Thursday, October 11, 2007

10:40 AM Casablanca (CMN)

2:45 PM New York (JFK)

Royal Air Maroc (AT)

8:05 0 stop(s) e

flight details

Price per traveler including tax and service fees $881.27

Timeline

Jenn: And for the summer months... I checked:

Flight 1 Monday, June 18, 2007

Departure: 8:20 PM New York, USA - John F Kennedy International, terminal 1

Arrival: 7:50 AM +1 day(s) Casablanca, Morocco - Mohamed V, terminal 1

Casablanca to New York

Flight 1 Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Departure: 10:40 AM Casablanca, Morocco - Mohamed V, terminal 3

Arrival: 2:45 PM New York, USA - John F Kennedy International, terminal 1

travelers flights taxes

1 adult(s) x (790.00 + 191.27) = 981.27 USD

total for all travelers 981.27 USD

But you have to really play around with the dates...since they are very imporant. The price can and will go hundreds of dollars from one day to the next. Look for dates Mon-Thu ... And during Ramadan if you go...I would suggest using a larger commerical airline (not RAM or another Muslim country's line) as it will be much much more expensive. But like I said play around with the dates.

Timeline

wow you found good deals. that first one was good because it is september though. summer is always quite a bit more expensive.

i would prefer to go soon. before ramadan. like the end of june or early to mid july and stay a month. but definitely can't pay over a thousand. 800 would be better! lol

world-map.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.