bulapapi

I-290B MTR filed, reopened, and approved!!!

3 posts in this topic

Hello guys, I'm so happy today!

Here's my story! I hope I can help you feel at ease if you're in the same situation as me...

My I-485 has been pending since May 2017. I had my interview back in April 2019 and received an RFE 3 weeks later asking me to renew my I-693 since it was expired... I submitted the new I-693 two weeks later. Few days later, I received a denial notice!! WTH!! It was because the civil surgeon failed to answer one question on the form which was me having no class A and B condition. I was so mad! The doctor didn't give me the copy and I forgot to ask. I trusted him. I should've reviewed it, ugh. (Guys, please review everything. Don't trust your doctors or lawyers! They don't care about you.) So, I went back to the doctor, he kept avoiding me, and his office didn't even apologize.. The supervisor was like "Maybe you were denied because of something else" despite me showing her the denial letter mentioning only that the only reason for the denial. I was pissed! My lawyer will help me file a lawsuit against them demanding a reimbursement of the I-290B fee and my lawyer's fee to reopen the case. Anyway, another civil surgeon in that office decided to complete a new I-693. This time, I reviewed everything before they seal it... and guess what!!!! This time, they forgot to include the evidences of the vaccination shots.. and the test results... I was so pissed!! So, I informed them that everything should be included!! They were really careless...they didn't care about making things right. I also demanded them to write a letter acknowledging that it was their mistake and not mine. So, they did.

Anyway, I filed Motion to Reopen and sent it 6 days later after my denial letter was received. I included Form I-290B, the fee of $675, a cover letter that explains why my I-485 should be reopened and that it was not my fault. Since the civil surgeon was authorized and trained by USCIS to perform this, they are partly responsible. I also included the new, sealed I-693 and the letter from the civil surgeon. I sent it with USPS Priority mail to Chicago Lockbox as mentioned in the denial letter, and it should've been received 2 days later, but it arrived a week later. I thought it was lost. Since the tracking updated the same message on the same time everyday for 4 days "In transit, arriving late" Maannn, I was so anxious. It wasn't a great month for me. But, it finally arrived 6 days later than the expected date. I received the text message from USCIS acknowledging that they received the package 5 days later. Then I received NOA1 4 days later. Anyway today is the 20th day since the MTR was received by Chicago Lockbox. I received an email and text message that my case was reopened... then 10 minutes later, the status changed again to approved!! I couldn't believe it since I read some topics here on VisaJourney discouraging people to not file MTR and just refile the wholething, I was kinda discouraged, but I filed MTR anyway. Since, I just didn't feel like waiting for another 2 years if I refile, just ridiculous. Last week, I contacted my congresswoman for a help making an inquiry regarding the case, and 4 days letter (including weekends), my case changed to reopened and approved.

Here's the timeline:

Denial letter received: June 1, 2019

MTR filed and sent: June 6, 2019

Received by USCIS: June 12, 2019

Text message: June 17, 2019

NOA1: June 21, 2019

Contacted congresswoman: June 28, 2019

MTR Reopened: July 2, 2019

I-485 approved: July 2, 2019 (10 minutes after reopened)

I won't be back to this form til it's time for me to apply N-400! haha Have a great day!! Thanks for everything!

Edited by bulapapi

• 1 year later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
On 7/3/2019 at 3:59 AM, bulapapi said:

Hello guys, I'm so happy today!

Here's my story! I hope I can help you feel at ease if you're in the same situation as me...

My I-485 has been pending since May 2017. I had my interview back in April 2019 and received an RFE 3 weeks later asking me to renew my I-693 since it was expired... I submitted the new I-693 two weeks later. Few days later, I received a denial notice!! WTH!! It was because the civil surgeon failed to answer one question on the form which was me having no class A and B condition. I was so mad! The doctor didn't give me the copy and I forgot to ask. I trusted him. I should've reviewed it, ugh. (Guys, please review everything. Don't trust your doctors or lawyers! They don't care about you.) So, I went back to the doctor, he kept avoiding me, and his office didn't even apologize.. The supervisor was like "Maybe you were denied because of something else" despite me showing her the denial letter mentioning only that the only reason for the denial. I was pissed! My lawyer will help me file a lawsuit against them demanding a reimbursement of the I-290B fee and my lawyer's fee to reopen the case. Anyway, another civil surgeon in that office decided to complete a new I-693. This time, I reviewed everything before they seal it... and guess what!!!! This time, they forgot to include the evidences of the vaccination shots.. and the test results... I was so pissed!! So, I informed them that everything should be included!! They were really careless...they didn't care about making things right. I also demanded them to write a letter acknowledging that it was their mistake and not mine. So, they did.

Anyway, I filed Motion to Reopen and sent it 6 days later after my denial letter was received. I included Form I-290B, the fee of $675, a cover letter that explains why my I-485 should be reopened and that it was not my fault. Since the civil surgeon was authorized and trained by USCIS to perform this, they are partly responsible. I also included the new, sealed I-693 and the letter from the civil surgeon. I sent it with USPS Priority mail to Chicago Lockbox as mentioned in the denial letter, and it should've been received 2 days later, but it arrived a week later. I thought it was lost. Since the tracking updated the same message on the same time everyday for 4 days "In transit, arriving late" Maannn, I was so anxious. It wasn't a great month for me. But, it finally arrived 6 days later than the expected date. I received the text message from USCIS acknowledging that they received the package 5 days later. Then I received NOA1 4 days later. Anyway today is the 20th day since the MTR was received by Chicago Lockbox. I received an email and text message that my case was reopened... then 10 minutes later, the status changed again to approved!! I couldn't believe it since I read some topics here on VisaJourney discouraging people to not file MTR and just refile the wholething, I was kinda discouraged, but I filed MTR anyway. Since, I just didn't feel like waiting for another 2 years if I refile, just ridiculous. Last week, I contacted my congresswoman for a help making an inquiry regarding the case, and 4 days letter (including weekends), my case changed to reopened and approved.

Here's the timeline:

Denial letter received: June 1, 2019

MTR filed and sent: June 6, 2019

Received by USCIS: June 12, 2019

Text message: June 17, 2019

NOA1: June 21, 2019

Contacted congresswoman: June 28, 2019

MTR Reopened: July 2, 2019

I-485 approved: July 2, 2019 (10 minutes after reopened)

I won't be back to this form til it's time for me to apply N-400! haha Have a great day!! Thanks for everything!

Hi, congrats. I filed MTR last month, didn't heard anything from USCIS yet. How did you contact with congresswoman by mail or phone ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Zombie thread locked to further replies. The OP has not been back in over a year.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.