Greg & Mary

My Fiancee's interview is scheduled 10 days past her approval expiration date!?

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have searched by could not locate any others (suprisingly) with this issue?  So, my fiancee' was finally able to schedule her interview for her K1 Visa.  She has a date set for August 28th of this year (in the Moscow office).  The problem however, is that on the NOA2 Document, it listed her approval period for only 4 months, valid from, "4/18/19 - 8/18/19"!  So, her visa interview is scheduled to take place 10 days past her approval period.  

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Does anybody know if there is any way to get a brief extension to the approval period?  

Thanks as always for any information that you can provide.  We are getting close, but we are under a great deal of stress, to make sure that we do everything right, these last few steps...

Take care,

Greg

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Greg & Mary said:

Hi everyone,

I have searched by could not locate any others (suprisingly) with this issue?  So, my fiancee' was finally able to schedule her interview for her K1 Visa.  She has a date set for August 28th of this year (in the Moscow office).  The problem however, is that on the NOA2 Document, it listed her approval period for only 4 months, valid from, "4/18/19 - 8/18/19"!  So, her visa interview is scheduled to take place 10 days past her approval period.  

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Does anybody know if there is any way to get a brief extension to the approval period?  

Thanks as always for any information that you can provide.  We are getting close, but we are under a great deal of stress, to make sure that we do everything right, these last few steps...

Take care,

Greg

The Embassy can easily extend the 4 month period.  With your USTravelDocs account that you used to setup interview appointment and to also put in your Pony Express return address for the passport/visa ... you can write a message directly to the Immigrant Unit staff and let them know you need the 4 month period extended now that you finally have been able to schedule your interview appointment date.  Should not be a problem to do this. You will get a return message quite quickly within a business day.

Edited by Juniper

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Greg & Mary said:

Thanks so much, my friend.  This is wonderful news😀👍

You're very welcome.  I have done several visas with this Embassy and know their routine.  This will not be a problem with the forced less work staff causing delays in scheduling appointments. They understand what you need.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.