Amber and Shawn

Malaysia Medical and Police Report(K1 Visa)

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Heyhey! We just got our NOA2 approval on the 13th June,
I applied for the certificate of good conduct on http://www.kln.gov.my/ on the 19th June 
Under "Purpose of Application" I had it as "Other: K1 Visa" Country requiring certificate: United States and I left the Employer and High Education Info blank. Im hoping thats okay? If anyone could let me know I didn't mess up it'll really help

Also, how long does it take for the medical report to be ready? How did you go about estimating/spacing out the time from medical to interview? How much did it cost and how was your experience? 

Thanks

Filed: Other Timeline

1. Cert of Good Conduct, leaving those info would not affect anything, they want to see if you have any records against you - that is the point of the cert. 

2. Medical should take 1-2 weeks max. When you want to schedule an appointment with the clinic, the receptionist would ask you the date of your interview and would give you around 3-4 weeks prior to the interview so that when the medical is ready, you will not run out of the validity soon after your interview. Depending on the day you have your appointment at the clinic, you will get the result 4-5 working days. It that was due to the TB test. If you're not required to take the TB test, i think it can be ready earlier than that. Cost - you can ask the receptionist, set aside up to RM600++ i think, especially if you need to catch up on your vaccinations. No vaccination = lower the cost. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi Amber & Shawn,

I am filing for K1 visa too , and surprisingly our visa was approved the same day as you, which is on 13th June. and I just received notification from US Embassy KL on 22nd July 2019. I filed my Certificate of Good Conduct on 16th July but haven't seen any updates from them yet. Have you gotten yours? I am so anxiously waiting for it as I need to leave Malaysia asap. 

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hello @San_Polo! Thats really cool 😮It's nice to know someones on the same journey as me! I got my P3 from consulate on the 12th July and the police certificate was approved on the 13th July, as it states it'll take 1-2 months. I filed for the certificate of good conduct the 19th June so it took exactly 24 days for me. Good luck!

Edited by Amber and Shawn

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

@Amber and Shawn Thank you so much for your response!!! 24 days sounds pretty fast. I hope I could get my police clearance sooner too since I filed it quite late. I am planning to leave Malaysia hopefully by the end of this month. When are you planning to leave? Have you done your medical examination?

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.