Teacake

Questions about K1 Interview in Sydney

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Just now, Brent2019 said:

Yeah you're probably right, sometime in September, early October at the latest I hope. Ouch that is a lot of money for the medical! Can she get her records from her doctor to see if she already has some of the vaccinations and stuff?

She's originally from Vietnam and doesn't have any records. She had a consultation and they referred her for some tests but they wanted $500 just to see what vaccines she had, not counting the cost of actually giving her the vaccines! At this point I'm not sure if it's less expensive to just get it all done during her medical exam since I know they'll be doing blood tests anyway and I hope they won't price gouge her but honestly I have no idea at this point. Sucks that medicare won't help pay for any of the costs.

On 7/26/2019 at 4:18 PM, Derek & Cece said:

She's originally from Vietnam and doesn't have any records. She had a consultation and they referred her for some tests but they wanted $500 just to see what vaccines she had, not counting the cost of actually giving her the vaccines! At this point I'm not sure if it's less expensive to just get it all done during her medical exam since I know they'll be doing blood tests anyway and I hope they won't price gouge her but honestly I have no idea at this point. Sucks that medicare won't help pay for any of the costs.

Not sure if you know this but you can get your GP to do Serology to test immunity to certain vaccines. We got ours done for free and that made it a lot easier when it came to the medical. You can just ask and see what they say. I know some charge, so maybe shop around. At the medical, they do a blood test to test your immunity too but if she is found to be missing any, they will administer them there and charge for it. Its a lot cheaper to get it done ahead of time than get it done at the medical. 

Edited by alannah_rose

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

We called the office of one of the other Panel Doctors in Perth and they quotes us $600 instead so needless to say we will be making our appointment there. Cece was able to get her bloodtests done for free by seeing her normal doctor and found out there was only a few she didn't have which she already got so she's all good on her vaccinations. Thanks for all your help everyone!

Bad news is that her K1 interview ended up being scheduled for October 1st which is so far awaaay! Lots of time to prepare I suppose.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.