silvertruck

Packet returned because of old version of I-129F form

2 posts in this topic

Our packet has been returned for the reason of using the old version of I-129F.

We actually downloaded the form from the USCIS official website on February 2019. We noticed that at that time, the version available (04/10/17) in their site is way past the expiration date (08/31/2018) but they also noted that they would soon post a new version but in the meantime we can use the 04/10/17 version.

We submitted the form mid-May but didn't check if they have a newer version! It was our mistake to have overlooked that simple check! So they have returned all the documents plus the check.

Anyway, the bright side is we can still re-submit the packet using the new and correc version of I-129F form.

So question now:

1. The returned documents have now scanned "serial number-like" at the bottom of each page. So we're wondering if we would just re-submit everything, or do we have to re-print all the documents?

2. Would there be additional fees on re-submission, or it is the same $535?

3. Do we need to label our packet and cover letters as "RE-SUBMISSION" or this is still considered as "ORIGINAL SUBMISSION"?

2016-04-22     Met in NJ, USA

2019-01-16     Engagement

K-1                                                                             AOS                                                                        ROC

2019-05-22     I-129F Submission                              2020-05-22    I-485/I-765/I-131 Submission       2023-03-07   I-751 Submission

2019-06-19     NOA1 received                                     2020-06-04    NOA1 received                                   2023-03-08  NOA1 received

2019-09-19     NOA2 received                                     2021-02-25    I-765/I-131 (APPROVED)

2020-01-16     Embassy interview (APPROVED)      2021-04-30    I-485 (APPROVED)

2020-03-15     US POE (JFK)

2020-04-09     Wedding

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
11 hours ago, silvertruck said:

Our packet has been returned for the reason of using the old version of I-129F.

We actually downloaded the form from the USCIS official website on February 2019. We noticed that at that time, the version available (04/10/17) in their site is way past the expiration date (08/31/2018) but they also noted that they would soon post a new version but in the meantime we can use the 04/10/17 version.

We submitted the form mid-May but didn't check if they have a newer version! It was our mistake to have overlooked that simple check! So they have returned all the documents plus the check.

Anyway, the bright side is we can still re-submit the packet using the new and correc version of I-129F form.

So question now:

1. The returned documents have now scanned "serial number-like" at the bottom of each page. So we're wondering if we would just re-submit everything, or do we have to re-print all the documents? Just replace the expired form with a correctly filled out newer version.

2. Would there be additional fees on re-submission, or it is the same $535? They sent the check back to you uncashed? Send it back.

3. Do we need to label our packet and cover letters as "RE-SUBMISSION" or this is still considered as "ORIGINAL SUBMISSION"? Come on, it can't be an original submission if it has their scanned "serial number-like"...on your documents, it is a RE-SUBMISSION.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.