S&T 2019

Approved finally

2 posts in this topic

I owe this to this website it  helped me alot  , since I filed everything on my own no lawyers involved am going go go through my case time line first and am going to share interview experience.  

Piece of advice,  don't lie  , always tell the truth  .

October 2015  married  filed for adjustment of status 

January 2016 got my EAD card 

March 2016 was my interview for adjustment of status  approved for conditional green card 

December 2017 filed for removing of the condition (I-751) based on the 90 days before rule .

January  the beginning of it I had my finger prints .

February 2018 got my extension letter for my status 

April 2018 my case was moved to the local office 

August 2018 got another 12 month extension letter 

December 2018 applied for my naturalization (90 days early rule ) be careful make sure u apply a week or so into the 90 dat rule because if u file too early they will reject it .I filed online .

January 2019  got my figure prints 

February 2019  my interview was scheduled for March 2019 !!! I know it was so fast , I followed the instructions on their website when it comes to filing , attached every thing they asked for and more.  

March 2019  the interview day  I get there half an hour early we check in , and we waited almost 2 hours till a nice officer came saying u look you have been waiting here for a while what you waiting for and my face was like "naturalization appoitment that I checked in 2 hours ago , she  walked with me to her office made me swear in and then the torture begun : she is like u never got your other green card have you? I said no but since I was eligible to apply for n400 I did it because why not and I brought my partner in case we need a joint interview . I can tell she didn't like the fact I know too much she said well it will never happen today we might have to reschudale you . My face was like you kidding me ,  I was polite deep inside like a volcano about to erupt but I kept it cool , I was like am going to play their game , I can tell she was going through my file that's why it took her 2 hours to call me in .

So she tells me I need to wait outside until she calls me in , I went outside and then 15 min later calls me back in reminds me am still under oath and she is going to interview me and send me home , now minds you I was excited that day I was so happy my journey going to be over , little did I know !!!! Any how she start going through my application , and I updated certain things like  the question about traffic tickets I said no originally but then I remembered I have a tickets that was reduced to non moving violation so I brought my driving record and she took it , also she asked me if I have any tax script for the years after filing for my I-751 I said yes and she took them so in my mind am like she is interviewing me for the I-751 AND N400 TOGETHER , she asks for a prove of car insurance paid and I said I don't have it but I have her alot of proofs , bank statements,  life insurance,  reitirments beneficiary,  health insurance , that covers  since we were married till the day of the interview (it's important to show that the documents covering that entire marriage interval ) ,joint saving account , phone bills . 

She then asks me if I signed up for  selective service and I said yes and I brought the receipt to show I did back in 2016 which I think they did sign me up I didn't do it and send me the information .

She then starts without telling me , the English and the history tests , I answered all of them correctly , the booklet they have on their website covered every thing  focouse on that the most 

Then she tells me am all done for today we went as far as we can , I asked her did I pass she said oh yah you did every thing she gives me the notice that said I passed everything and she said I can't make a decision  because your I-751 is not approved yet , I was like so now do I have to wait she said u will hear something in the mail soon . 

I came out , feeling like because let me tell you what the abuse in her looks , in her way of talking , the degrading , but I looked through all of that because you simply can't just start yelling , the ball in their hand  and she can simply toss my file some where and forget about it , I think she felt bad at the end and she said am sorry we had you waiting all this time , and I said it's okay I got the day off am all yours.  

So after that the waiting game begins ..... Nothing online , no updates till about 

April end of April 2019. My I-751 was approved and I got my 10 years green card in a matter of 4 days .

So am.like now what . So I signed in on my account that I filed the n400 on , there is an option where u can send a message to inquire  so I did that,  I got a very nice email from a uscis officer , telling me that my case is waiting the last approval  and if that is okay they will schedule me for my oath 

Now mind you the website still saying  we Schudaled you for interview March 2019 , it didn't even update that I attended it 

So what I did , since the filed office is literally 15 min away from where I live , I went ahead and schudele an info pass , I went there and I told him that I just got my 10byear green card and my n400 was bending because  I didn't have it at the time of the interview , he assured me my case is still with an officer and I have to wait . 

So 3 days after one evening I was bored so I decided to to into my account and email the uscis officer again ,   I got a response the next day saying that he initiate an inquiry with my buffole office that is handling my n400 to see what's going on...

May 2019  14 or 15 , my oath cermoney was schudeled . 

You know the saying squueky wheel gets the oil 

My advice through all of this 

Keep pushing them in a nice way 

Follownthe instruction online 

File online it's easy and u can follow the update on your case .

God bless all of you. Good luck and I hope my experience benefit other people 

Thanks again visa journey . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.