Fathonis84

Police Clearance Thailand

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone have experience dealing with getting a police clearance from Thailand? My fiancé has submitted paperwork to the Police Clearance Service Center and it was received on May 10th via fedex with prepaid label and envelope to return the documents via fedex. I was under the impression that these were processed in 5-7 days if there was no criminal record, which there is not. However, it’s been two weeks. I tried to call several times but nobody speaks English well enough to answer my questions, I have been hung up on no less than 12 times and they do not respond to emails. Any advice? Or even better, an Thai speakers that could help a brotha out? We are now at the NVC phase, so time seems a bit of the essence. Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Fathonis84 said:

Does anyone have experience dealing with getting a police clearance from Thailand? My fiancé has submitted paperwork to the Police Clearance Service Center and it was received on May 10th via fedex with prepaid label and envelope to return the documents via fedex. I was under the impression that these were processed in 5-7 days if there was no criminal record, which there is not. However, it’s been two weeks. I tried to call several times but nobody speaks English well enough to answer my questions, I have been hung up on no less than 12 times and they do not respond to emails. Any advice? Or even better, an Thai speakers that could help a brotha out? We are now at the NVC phase, so time seems a bit of the essence. Thanks!

I was under the impression that the person had to go to the Police office in person

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Fathonis84 said:

No, it can be done via post according to their website and various State Department websites. 

2 minutes ago, Fathonis84 said:

No, it can be done via post according to their website and various State Department websites. 

Can you link the site that says that?

28 minutes ago, John951 said:

Can you link the site that says that?

Yes, there are several. 

From Canada:

http://www.thaiembassy.ca/en/visiting-thailand/police-clearance-certificates

From US:

https://photos.state.gov/libraries/thailand/591452/iv/082013_thaipolicecert.pdf

Thai Police Clearance Service Center Website:

http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/ourservice.php

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Fathonis84 said:

According to the us embassy If you fiance lives outside of Thailand you can do it by mail. If she resides in Thailand she must go in person.

Where does you fiance live ?

1 minute ago, John951 said:

According to the us embassy If you fiance lives outside of Thailand you can do it by mail. If she resides in Thailand she must go in person.

In Indonesia

2 minutes ago, John951 said:

But we sent the paperwork from the States because of the unreliability of postal service in Indonesia. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Fathonis84 said:

In Indonesia

But we sent the paperwork from the States because of the unreliability of postal service in Indonesia. 

Ok well, in country it used to take about a month, when my fiance got hers back in November 2018 they had started stating a time frame of 2 weeks. So I'd say your still online half way through processing.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Fathonis84 said:

We are almost through the NVC phase ourselves and our lawyer allegedly has been arrested.  Luckily a few former employees formed their own Visa processing service and are driving this home for my fiance and myself.  If interested, send an email to ritavisaadvisors@gmail.com.  She is getting us an expedited police report which will take 7 days.  From my understanding is it normally takes 6 weeks and only costs 100 baht.  But if you want expedited it costs 1600 baht.   So she is only charging me 2500 baht ($30 usd for this service).  Well worth it to me to get it quickly.  Her firm is located in bangkok.

Mark

5 minutes ago, Mark and Pooky said:

We are almost through the NVC phase ourselves and our lawyer allegedly has been arrested.  Luckily a few former employees formed their own Visa processing service and are driving this home for my fiance and myself.  If interested, send an email to ritavisaadvisors@gmail.com.  She is getting us an expedited police report which will take 7 days.  From my understanding is it normally takes 6 weeks and only costs 100 baht.  But if you want expedited it costs 1600 baht.   So she is only charging me 2500 baht ($30 usd for this service).  Well worth it to me to get it quickly.  Her firm is located in bangkok.

Mark

Arrested? Dude....what a nightmare. Makes you wonder what for right? Anyways, thank you for the contact. If I didn’t hear anything in the next week (which will have been 3 weeks), I’ll contact them!

Timeline
17 hours ago, Fathonis84 said:

Arrested? Dude....what a nightmare. Makes you wonder what for right? Anyways, thank you for the contact. If I didn’t hear anything in the next week (which will have been 3 weeks), I’ll contact them!

I know what for now.  Private message if you want to hear the story.  The woman who is driving our case across the finish line is great to work with

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.