phogon

Hi, I have a question on form I-864

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

asdasdsadsadsa.png.52391f051834dcf908742d7073d57357.png

Hi everyone, as I've read the instruction of form I-864,

If I filed 1040 form, the correct number of line "Total Income" as shown on the picture= "Total income" number on my form 1040.

If I filed 1040 EZ form, the correct number of line "Total Income" as shown on the picture= "Adjusted gross income" number on my form 1040 EZ.

Are those correct? Thanks for your help.

Just looking at your post history makes me think that maybe you should consider hiring some visa advisor to help you fill up the documents. Please also check the filling instruction for the form you're doing. 

And yes its correct... it literally says that over there. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yes, I would go with the adjusted gross income, which I believe is line 4 of the 1040EZ return. For my I-864 I ordered Tax Transcripts, and if you are in the U.S., I believe they will email them to you... but you need a U.S. based cell phone to do that. I'm in Thailand, so it wasn't an option. If you order those by mail, it is straightforward and you get them in a week. On the standard 1040 you would use line 22 (total income)... which in my case is the same as line 37 which is adjusted gross income. 

I know the I-864 is confusing, but not too bad if you live in the states as your mailing address, residence address, and country of domicile will all be the U.S. All they want to do is to make sure you earn enough. Also on that form, don't count your spouse twice as you are only sponsoring one person (later they will ask to to list your spouse, but will also say to not list the same person twice, so that was a little confusing). If you do click them twice, then that will change your household size to three instead of two, which will mess up the whole application. 

Save your money and do this yourself... if you are at the I-864 stage, most of the hard work has already been done. 

Edited by slc12312

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.