phogon

Form I-864, I need your advice.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi everyone,

ASADSADSA.png.e34f9b021bad1499407cb16ebb5b90fb.png

I'm petitioning for my mom and dad, IR5 case. As I've read the instruction carefully, I should stick item number 1, not item number 2, because my mom and dad applications are independent. I ask for your advice just to make sure that I mark the right option. Thanks very much.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
28 minutes ago, phogon said:

Hi everyone,

imageproxy.php?img=&key=ea9668e88603f7d4ASADSADSA.png.e34f9b021bad1499407cb16ebb5b90fb.png

I'm petitioning for my mom and dad, IR5 case. As I've read the instruction carefully, I should stick item number 1, not item number 2, because my mom and dad applications are independent. I ask for your advice just to make sure that I mark the right option. Thanks very much.

Yes, you are correct. Your mother and your father are both principal immigrants but on two different I-864s.

You might already know but you need to take account of your mother on your I-864 for your father and vice versa. 

Timeline

Thanks for your response, that helps a lot. But I don't quite understand your last statement " You might already know but you need to take account of your mother on your I-864 for your father and vice versa", could you enlighten me?

Timeline
21 minutes ago, phogon said:

Thanks for your response, that helps a lot. But I don't quite understand your last statement " You might already know but you need to take account of your mother on your I-864 for your father and vice versa", could you enlighten me?

Sorry for the confusion. I read the information incorrectly.

On your father I-864:

- Check (2), list your father as principal immigrant and your mother as family member

On your mother I-864:

- Check (2), list your mother as principal immigrant and your father as family member

Doing will have your household size calculated correctly with your mother and your father being principle immigrant on their own I-864.

Edited by VNN

Timeline

Hi VNN, I think I'm really confused now. I think my mother has nothing to do with my father. The option may apply on people who immigrant under F4 visa, where the spouses and minor children migrating with the principal immigrant. As you can see, my mother won't go with my father, because their applications are separate and independent (separate I-130)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, phogon said:

Hi VNN, I think I'm really confused now. I think my mother has nothing to do with my father. The option may apply on people who immigrant under F4 visa, where the spouses and minor children migrating with the principal immigrant. As you can see, my mother won't go with my father, because their applications are separate and independent (separate I-130)

I assume you are sponsoring them at same time and both cases at NVC now thus your mother and your father may immigrate at the same or within 2 months from each other.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.