Nigelblk

K1 Visa Interview Timeframes

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My fiancé's case has reached the Moscow embassy a week ago and status on ceac.com website reads “ready”, but we haven’t received the packet 3 email to schedule her interview as of yet. Does anyone know the current processing time at the embassy to send out packet 3 email and what are the current time frames to get an interview scheduled??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello there,

After "ready" status NVC send cases to the Embassy twice a month. After the case reaches the Embassy it takes from 2 to 14 working days for it to be processed and the calendar to be opened. For some cases Packet 3 never arrives, there's no need to wait for it. 

Here are the steps that I recommend you take:

1) Fill in DS-160

2) Pay visa fee

3) Log into your profile on us travel docs (or create a new one in case you don't have it)

4) Follow the steps on travel docs all the way up to yellow message saying "we have received your request and will notify you once you can schedule the interview"

Elena

Edited by Helena_Siberia

Timeline

Elena - Thanks for your reply. We've already completed the DS-160 but it seems my fiancé called the embassy and they instructed her not to do anything until she receives a confirmation email with instructions on scheduling her interview as well as paying for the visa fee. 

Edited by Nigelblk

Timeline
On 5/14/2019 at 8:06 PM, Nigelblk said:

Elena - Thanks for your reply. We've already completed the DS-160 but it seems my fiancé called the embassy and they instructed her not to do anything until she receives a confirmation email with instructions on scheduling her interview as well as paying for the visa fee. 

I would recommend to pay the fee (sometimes it takes a couple of days for the payment to be processed) and to have everything ready in the travel docs profile. Once the case reaches the Embassy, you will enter the visa fee payment receipt number and wait for the calendar to open up

Timeline

Elena, Our case has already arrived to the embassy and is going through ‘Administrative Processing’. I know there was a holiday all last week in Russia so the embassy was closed. I am not sure where you go to pay for the visa fee and the ceac.com website says we have to file the DS-160 which has already been done. Should we be going onto the traveldocs.gov site to pay for the visa fee? In your last message you said in some cases the embassy doesn’t send out a confirmation email with instruction to schedule the interview. Did I read that correctly?

Timeline
On 5/14/2019 at 7:16 AM, Nigelblk said:

My fiancé's case has reached the Moscow embassy a week ago and status on ceac.com website reads “ready”, but we haven’t received the packet 3 email to schedule her interview as of yet. Does anyone know the current processing time at the embassy to send out packet 3 email and what are the current time frames to get an interview scheduled??

Same thing here

Timeline
On 5/17/2019 at 8:57 PM, Nigelblk said:

Elena, Our case has already arrived to the embassy and is going through ‘Administrative Processing’. I know there was a holiday all last week in Russia so the embassy was closed. I am not sure where you go to pay for the visa fee and the ceac.com website says we have to file the DS-160 which has already been done. Should we be going onto the traveldocs.gov site to pay for the visa fee? In your last message you said in some cases the embassy doesn’t send out a confirmation email with instruction to schedule the interview. Did I read that correctly?

Our case is also in Moscow. We filled DS 160 and paid fees. But no packet 3 and we cannot access the calendar even yet

Timeline
On 5/17/2019 at 10:57 AM, Nigelblk said:

Hello there,

Here's the information about the fee - https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/ru-niv-visafeeinfo.asp#payment

Also, you should make sure that the profile information in traveldocs is up to date - DS 160 number, etc

Once you update payment receipt number in traveldocs, it takes 1-3 work days for it to be recognised by the system. Then, the embassy will process your case and open up the calendar. Recently girls have been waiting for a month to get access to the calendar.

Elena

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.