TBoneTX

I-751 April 2018 Filers (Part 2)

722 posts in this topic

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 11:34 AM, AJI123 said:

Hi Ryan,
Is your address in Houston for the N400?

@Ryan2019Both Houston and Dallas Offices have slow processing time for N400. What happens if we fall out of the processing time for i751 (which is about to happen) and we do not get an interview call for the N400 from the field office? Do you think they might unbundle to 2 applications again and treat separately, or they will just waste our time further till we get called for the N400 interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

751 was approved yesterday during a combo interview!

Just waiting for my ceremony date to be scheduled!

Good luck to everyone else!

On 8/5/2019 at 9:18 AM, DJ & KH said:

Anybody here who’s like ours or similar case? 

We sent our l751 form on 4/22/18 to CSC

3/6/19 transferred from CSC to NSC

3/7/19 biometrics reused 

5/2/19 got request for evidence 

5/30/19 sent evidence back to them

WAC1818....

Waiting more than 2 months after we sent our RFE to them, hopefully it’s going to start moving faster 🙏

Hello. I have the same issue. Sent it my i751 in April 2018. Transferred to NSC lee’s summit on 4/18/2019. 
 No RFE. I haven’t heard anything since then. 

On 10/11/2019 at 12:06 AM, Applicant2019 said:

Hello. I have the same issue. Sent it my i751 in April 2018. Transferred to NSC lee’s summit on 4/18/2019. 
 No RFE. I haven’t heard anything since then. 

Hi, I'm in the same boat, case transferred to Lee summit mo and the local office will set an interview I received this notice July 2019, any updates to ur case? Please share thank u

5 hours ago, Applicant2019 said:

I filed in April. It’s really insane and frustrating how we have to wait this long. Does info pass speed up the process ? I might just request for one too. 

I've to wait still my extension expired before getting the info pass. It let me have another year for extension while waiting for my interview

5 hours ago, Chibizen said:

I've to wait still my extension expired before getting the info pass. It let me have another year for extension while waiting for my interview

You don’t have to wait till it expires. You need to request for it 30days before it expires. That’s the normal process according to their customer service rep 

On 9/18/2019 at 1:55 PM, Ari Gold said:

My Timeline:

06/16/2016: Received Conditional Green Card
04/13/2018: Filed I-751
05/23/2018: I-751 Case was received, 12month extension
08/18/2018: 18month extension
02/23/2019: Biometric waiver letter
03/18/2019: Filed N-400
03/18/2019: N-400, we received your application
03/23/2019: We scheduled your biometrics appointment for N-400
04/12/2019: We reviewed your biometrics for N-400
08/15/2019: We scheduled your interview for N-400
08/16/2019: I-751 Case transferred & new office has jurisdiction (NBC)
08/16/2019: I-751 Case was received at my local office
09/17/2019: Combo interview conducted, no decision can be made

Interview Experience:
Our interview was scheduled at 11:45a CT at Chicago Field Office. We (me, spouse & kid) arrived an hour early, completed checked in procedures by 11:15a CT and were waiting to be called. There is no order in which applicants are called in for the interview, it's random.

Finally at 12:15p CT, I was called in (not spouse & kid). Took oath to speak the truth. Officer was very professional & explained the entire process that requires him to adjudicate I-751 first in order to adjudicate N-400. There I saw my 5" thick I-751 petition on his desk. 

He first went over I-751 petition line by line to verify/update. At the end, he asked me questions & noted down a timeline of how/when/where me & my spouse met, my status at the time, engagement, wedding, etc. I signed his response on the petition.

Then we moved on to N-400. Started with Civics test, 6 questions asked, I got all of them correct. (1) Civil Rights Movement led by MLK (2) 100 Senators in Congress (3) POUTS leads Executive Branch (4) George Washington is FF (5) 2 Cabinet Positions (6) Allegiance to US. He asked me to read a sentence & write one. Passed reading & writing test.

We then went over N-400 application line by line to verify/update. Asked yes/no questions. Although he did go out of context to ask me if I understood what a "genocide" is? (WEIRD, but I answered).

Finally, I gave him continued evidence - tax returns, insurance, bank statements, mortgage statements, health insurance, etc. I was then handed N-682 stating that I passed civis & english test, however a decision could not be made. He was courteous to inform me that he had to request CSC to grant him permission to approve I-751 first (WHY WASN"T THIS DONE AS PART OF CASE TRANSFER, UGHH) and then he would approve N-400 which should take about a week or so.

We'll see, one step closer.

How is your case now? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.