Punit

Review my I751 Cover Letter

2 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

I am going to file a joint petition at the end of this month to remove conditions on my I 751. Here is my cover letter which tells the kind of evidence we have provided in details. Please provide your inputs on areas if any where we could improve. We go married in Feb, 2017 and i received my conditional PR which is valid between 08/17 through 08/19. 

June 1, 2019

USCIS California Service Center

P.O. Box 10751

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607 – 1075

RE: Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence for:

Permanent Resident Name, A-XXXXXXXXX

To whom it may concern:

Enclosed please find a JOINT I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident "Name"

Permanent resident entered the US on a F-1 visa in XX/XX/XXXX married U.S. citizen "Name" on XX/XX/XXXX and was awarded Conditional Permanent Residence on XX/XX/XXXX and expires on XX/XX/XXXX.

We are happily living together and jointly request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on residence of permanent resident. Contents include the following documents:

1.       Check for $680: includes $595 the I-751 filling fee and $85 biometric service fee

2.       Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

3.       Copy of green card: front and back sides

4.       Copy of marriage certificate and marriage license

5.       Copy of Social Security cards for both US Citizen spouse and Permanent Resident spouse

6.       Copy of US Citizen spouse's US Passport

7.       Copy of driver licenses showing both addresses lived at different times

8.       Copy of US Citizen spouse's college ID showing marital last name

9.       IRS tax transcripts showing joint tax filing for years: 2017 and 2018

10.   Pay Stubs for years: 2017, 2018 and 2019 showing both addresses lived at and federal marital status

11.   Offer Letter from Permanent Resident's employer which resulted in us having to move from Address 1 to Address 2 for a one-year period from XX/XX/XXXX – XX/XX/XXXX

12.   Copies of lease contracts showing joint tenancy at the following address

a.       Address 1 

b.       Address 2

13.   Copy of a letter from the apartment complex for Address 1 above sending a security deposit check

14.   Copy of check payments made while living at Address 2 

15.   Utility Bills showing joint occupancy

a.       Address 1:

·         Summary of electric bills in its entirety between years 2016-2018

·         Internet monthly bills

b.       Address 2: 

·         Internet monthly bills

·         Electricity and Gas monthly bills

·         Water/Sewer/Trash/Cable bills

16.   Joint ATT Phone bills for years: 2017,2018 and 2019

a.       US Citizen spouse

b.       Permanent Resident

c.       Copy of a receipt for a new phone purchased for US Citizen spouse

17.   Joint policies and beneficiary of retirement accounts

a.       Joint Cigna Health insurance card

b.       Joint car insurance

c.       Bill of Sale for a joint vehicle purchased

d.       State of Ohio – Joint Certificate of Registration for a vehicle purchased

e.       Documents showing U.S. citizen as beneficiary of Permanent resident’s work benefits: 401k, and Basic Life/AD&D Insurance

18.   Copies of various receipts from years 2017, 2018 and 2019 pertaining to two cars owned by us showing the addresses, dates along with the names

19.   Copies of bank loan statements for the car purchased jointly – The loan was taken under Permanent Resident's name because he had the better credit score out of the two, loan amount repaid by US Citizen spouse

a.       Please feel free to validate the monthly withdrawal of the loan amount repaid by US Citizen spouse under section 21 (Copies of US Citizen spouse's Fifth Third Bank Statements)

20.   Copies of PayPal credit for a Dressage Saddle purchased jointly – The loan was taken under Permanent Resident's name because he had the better credit score out of the two, loan amount repaid by US Citizen spouse

a.       Please feel free to validate the monthly withdrawal of the loan amount repaid by US Citizen spouse under section 21 (Copies of US Citizen spouse's Fifth Third Bank Statements)

b.       Email exchange copy showing conversation between US Citizen spouse's and Permanent Resident pertaining to the saddle purchase and shipment

21.   Fifth Third Bank Statements from US Citizen spouse's bank account for years: 2017, 2018 and 2019

a.       Shows the addresses

b.       Bills paid – Electric/Internet at Address 1

c.       Bills paid – Electric/Gas/Water, Sewer/Trash/Cable at Address 2

d.       Car Loan payments

e.       PayPal Credit Dressage Saddle payments

22.   Health Savings Account (HSA)

a.       Copies showing US Citizen spouse as a primary beneficiary of the Permanent resident’s employer offered HSA

b.       Copies of HSA Debit cards

c.       Copies of monthly HSA statements

d.       Copy of a purchase made using the HSA debit card

23.   Copy of US Citizen spouse’s Nursing License with the updated marital last name

24.   Copy of boarding contract for our horse which is boarded at a retirement facility in Ohio along with monthly service invoices

25.   Ally Bank Checking’s/Savings Account

a.       Copy showing US Citizen spouse as a primary beneficiary of the Permanent resident’s checking and savings accounts

b.       Copies of monthly bank statements

26.   Citi Credit Card Account

a.       Copy showing US Citizen spouse as an authorized user for the credit card

b.       Copies of credit cards both front and back

c.       Copies of monthly credit card statement

* Please note that we do not have a joint checking/savings account – We are financially stable, independent individuals and have been culturally raised by our parents in a way where we have always kept our bank accounts separate. As you can see from the documentation above we both have made purchases together and for each other which further solidifies the fact that all our financial decisions have been made together in the past, present and will be made together in the future, irrespective of the kind of bank account (Joint or Separate)

* The breakup of how we split our bills for your understanding:

·         Address 1 – US Citizen spouse paid the Electric and Internet bills whereas Permanent resident paid the apartment rent and water bill

·         Address 2 – US Citizen spouse paid the Electric, Gas and Water/Sewer/Trash/Cable bills whereas Permanent resident paid the entire apartment rent

·         Permanent resident paid for the joint ATT Phone bills for the entire duration between 2017 and 2019

·         Whenever we ate out or went on dates we both paid for each other, bought each other gifts, groceries were purchased by both of us in rotation and lastly, we both spent together on the various vacations we took as a couple

* All of this can be validated by viewing US Citizen spouse Fifth third bank statements attached in section 21 and Permanent residents Citibank credit card statements attached in section 26

27.   Pictures together before and since marriage

28.   Miscellaneous Documents

a.       Copy of Fitbit Charge 3 purchased

b.       Copy of a veterinary bill and receipt for our puppy when she fell sick and had to be taken to an emergency vet

c.       Copies of purchases made from State Line Tack for our horse

d.       Copies of purchases made from Schneiders, horse.com, Finn Tack, Riding Warehouse, SmartPak again for our horse

e.       Copies of U2 concert tickets and hotel reservation copies for the concert in Cleveland, Ohio

f.        Copies of Smashing Pumpkins concert in Columbus, Ohio

g.       Copy of Fitbit Charge 2 purchased

h.       Copy of hotel reservation made for a vacation in Morgantown, West Virginia

i.        Copy of tickets to go visit the Columbus Zoo

j.        Copy of Ohio State Universities (OSU) copy of blood test drawn on our horse Spice

k.       Copy of purchase made from Lucky Vitamin

l.        Copy of purchase made from Save Summit

m.     Copy of Franklin county Dog Shelter showing puppy adoption

n.       Copy of flowers gifted to US citizen spouse on valentine’s day in the year 2018

o.       Copy of a gift given to US citizen spouse on her birthday in the year 2017

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and we understand that we may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer a later date. Please advise us if you have any further questions or concerns related to this petition.

Sincerely,

Permanent Resident

US Citizen spouse

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I think you have covered it all!

Good luck!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.