hdelosr

applying for greencard through marriage

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! Can anyone please help me what requirements do I need to submit for green card through marriage? I know there's a lot of forums here or tips and guides but to be honest sometimes it confuses me. I'm a filipino married to a US Citizen.. we got married last december and I'm trying to process my papers now but not sure where to start. I tried to read the guides and found the forms but i also have read some of the topics here about concurrent filing? so if anyone knows about it and how to process everything? please I need your help. Thank you so much and God bless!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You married based on K-1?

If so you may file the following forms:

You may file for petition and adjustment of status at same time. Forms needed.

1. Form I-485 - Adjust status

2. Form I-864 - Affidavit of support 

3. Form I-765 - work authorization (concurrent filing)

4. Form I-131- Advance parole travel document (concurrent filing)

5. Form G-1145 - Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (optional)

Concurrent filing means you can submit work document (EAD) and travel document (Advance parole) at the same time.

Edited by nastra30

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

You may file for petition and adjustment of status at same time. Forms needed.

1. Form I-130 - Petition

2. Form I-130A - Petition supplementary

3. Form I-485 - Adjust status (concurrent filing)

4. Form I-864 - Affidavit of support (concurrent filing)

5. Form I-765 - work authorization (concurrent filing)

6. Form I-131- Advance parole travel document (concurrent filing)

7. Form G-1145 - Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (optional)

Concurrent filing means you can submit work document (EAD) and travel document (Advance parole) at the same time as the I130 petition. 

Thank you ms nastra30! these are all the forms that i need to submit right? but how many requirements do i need to submit for a bonafide marriage? do i have to submit original copies or photocopy is fine? thanks alot!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
23 minutes ago, hdelosr said:

Thank you ms nastra30! these are all the forms that i need to submit right? but how many requirements do i need to submit for a bonafide marriage? do i have to submit original copies or photocopy is fine? thanks alot!

Did you marry on K-1? If you married on K-1 Visa you DON'T file 

>Form I-130 - Petition

>Form I-130A - Petition supplementary

There is no limit on what you can submit for bonafide marriage; check VJ guides for most useful things to submit for bonafide marriage. Do NOT ever send originals; send photocopies.

Edited by nastra30

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.