bandito

Change of address

3 posts in this topic

I’ve sent off my I-129F packet with my current address listed in the required address fields. I’m planning on moving very soon and will of course be changing my address. I can get mail to my old address forwarded to my new one, but I’m not sure if this would affect anything with the petition. Has anyone else gone through this? 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
44 minutes ago, bandito said:

I’ve sent off my I-129F packet with my current address listed in the required address fields. I’m planning on moving very soon and will of course be changing my address. I can get mail to my old address forwarded to my new one, but I’m not sure if this would affect anything with the petition. Has anyone else gone through this? 

Yeah I recently face delayed with our p3, once my fiance got approved and NVC received our case so I called them and updated my fiance's new address, and asked them more than one time that do I need to inform and update our new address ? I talked with 2 people in the same day just to be on the safe side,but they both said no you should be ok once you update here in NVC you are OK,but still Consulate sent P3 to the old address and P3 returned to Consulate the I had call them email them,so finally they emailed a copy of P3 and we sent it back to them on Monday... my suggestion wait till you get approved once NVC received your case call them and update your new address, 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Samfar 92 said:

Yeah I recently face delayed with our p3, once my fiance got approved and NVC received our case so I called them and updated my fiance's new address, and asked them more than one time that do I need to inform and update our new address ? I talked with 2 people in the same day just to be on the safe side,but they both said no you should be ok once you update here in NVC you are OK,but still Consulate sent P3 to the old address and P3 returned to Consulate the I had call them email them,so finally they emailed a copy of P3 and we sent it back to them on Monday... my suggestion wait till you get approved once NVC received your case call them and update your new address, 

i think the OP is the petitioner (or not?) and talking about his/her address...(refer to below)

OP, your address is where they will mail the NOA2 or the approval notice and this NOA2 will be needed i believe during the Adjustment of Status of the beneficiary later on.

U.S. Citizens

U.S. citizens are not required to file a Form AR-11 and can make a change of address on pending cases via our Online Change of Address page or by calling 1-800-375-5283. For TTY (deaf or hard of hearing) call: 1-800-767-1833. U.S. Citizens who do not have an application or petition pending with USCIS are only legally required to notify USCIS of a change of address if they have previously submitted a Form I-864 on behalf of someone who has become a permanent resident. If you have previously submitted a Form I-864 for someone who immigrated to the U.S., you must complete a Form I-865 within thirty days of the completion of your move.

Edited by ourjourney_pc

(L)Our Timeline(L)

2015 Nov 03 - met online app (Skout)

2016 Jan 18 - became couple officially

2017 Sep 15 - met for the first time in person (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 03 - met for the 2nd time (USA to Singapore - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 08 - got engaged 

2018 Sep 01 - met for the 3rd time (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2019 May 31 - 4th meeting :goofy:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K1 Visa Timeline:

2018 Aug 22 - I129f sent (DIY)

2018 Aug 29 - NOA1

worries before approval:

1) submitted 1 statement/letter of intent both signed by the pet/ben

2) petitioner's accidentally/stupidly committed DWI after i129f submission

2019 Jan 16 - NOA2 (140 days from Noa1 - No RFE)

2019 Feb 06 - case received by NVC (21 days from Noa2)

2019 Feb 08 - case number received

2019 Feb 19 - left NVC

2019 Feb 25 - case received by SG consulate

2019 Feb 28 - Packet 3 received

2019 Mar 04 - Packet 3 sent back to SG consulate

2019 Mar 07 - Packet 4 received (interview schedule)

2019 Mar 12 - Medical (additional vaccine on 19 Mar)

2019 Mar 27 - Interview (221g, medical results pending)

2019 Mar 27 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 27 - Clinic sent medical results to Embassy

2019 Mar 28 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 29 - Application Received

2019 Apr 01 - Issued

2019 Apr 04 - VOH

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.