JL & ML

I-129F lines 8-10 (Part 1) and 11-12 (Part 2)

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone,

We're about to send in I-129F, and we decided to hand-print the form. We noticed that on the online PDF for the official form, when filling out the petitioner's mailing address, it then asks the Petitioner about address history. For the first entry (line 9), it says "Provide your current address first if it is different from your mailing address" -- our mailing and current address are the same for each of us, and so we ought to put the previous address on lines 9.a. to 9.h. -- and yet the online PDF forces you to put "PRESENT" on line 10.b. (Date To). Likewise in the Beneficiary's section, Part 2, it asks for the Beneficiary's mailing address on lines 11.a. to 11.i. and then "Provide your beneficiary's current address first if it is different from the mailing address in Item Numbers 11.a.-11.i." -- likewise, mailing and current address are the same, and so we ought to put the previous address, right? And yet the online form seems to oblige you to write "PRESENT" on line 13.b.

If the mailing address and first physical addresses are the same, should we write that address twice (i.e. the same on lines 8 and 9, part 1, and lines 11 and 12, part 2), or should we write the next previous address in that second section? And if we do that, how can it be PRESENT (on the online PDF) if it's not our current address?

These are little details but we heard you can get dinged for those... and we're hoping to get this on the first try!

If anyone can help, so appreciated. Thank you.

I-129F question.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No.  If the address is the same you leave 9a to 9h blank and in 10a& b you put in the dates you have lived at your current address.   For previous addresses you do that in physical address 2.  This same concept for the beneficiary addresses 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.