Wildcat

The dreaded V-day

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

That special day of the year when every boyfiends and husbands migrate to the nearest flower shop with the wallet open in their outreached hands. They would ask, "How much for a flower?" To which the florist would reply, "$100 for a single red rose." :blink:

"Ok, get me 11 roses"

Joking aside, anyone using a website to order an flower arrangment for the special gal in russia? Past two times I have used www.flowers-to-russia.com which I thought was a little on the expensive side. But since I am not in Moscow to go and buy flowers there is not much choice in the matter. At least the are quick to reply to any questions that I would ask, usually within an hour. Both time, Janna got her flowers on time and loves it. I will use it again soon within a few days.

On V-day, how do you guys usually show that you think and care about her even though she is far, far away?

Janna and Roger

Janna's Nationality: Russian

Roger's Nationality: American

Beneficiary's Country: Uzbekistan

Service Center: TSC

Consulate: Moscow, Russia

Began writing to each other as pen-pals in June 2003

Met in person on 2/27/2005

8/15/2005 I-129F Sent

8/17/2005 Received at service center

8/23/2005 NOA1 sent

8/26/2005 Check cashed

8/27/2005 NOA1 arrived in mail

10/24/2005 NOA2 sent by email

10/28/2005 NOA2 arrive by mail

10/28/2005 NVC receives petition, case number assigned

11/02/2005 petition left NVC

11/07/2005 petition arrives at US embassy in Moscow

11/21/2005 Janna recieves packet 3

2/10/2006 Janna's K-1 Interview at the US embassy

2/10/2006 Janna got approved for her visa.

2/16/2006 She recieves her passport and visa from DHL

5/24/2006 Arrived in the US

7/22/2006 Marriage

5/08/2007 Son Roger Jr Born

6/04/2009 Daughter Illyana Born

11/12/2009 Starting Citizenship process

Valentines has never been too special for us, but usually we'll call for a "special" chat.

I've wanted to send flowers several times for birthdays and other things, but it is insanely expensive in the Far East. I usually just call and say "here are your flowers" or since they have such good e-grams now, it's possible to send a bouquet that way.

I'm just looking forward to V-day 2007, that's when the real gift-giving will be!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I must agree sending flowers to Russia is very expensive. In many parts of Russia in particular Siberia, roses don't grow naturally, it is too cold. So it all has to be imported. When I was there in the summer, one rose cost 100 rubles. In comparison to Sochi in the summer time it was only 5 rubles. But it is kind of sad that you can't just call a Russian flower vendor and make an order by credit card. While anyone in Russia could call our local florist and have flowers delivered at local cost without using any kind of agency or service, which are making a handsome profit.

We still continue to send flowers to their family through one of many online sites, but not for Valentines. For New Years. A small arrangement and champagne usually. And of course it comes to some thing around $50.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Umm, sending flowers to Russia on Valentine's Day is a bit of a waste, seeing as it doesn't mean all that much to them over there. The day you want to send flowers is Women's Day, which if memory serves is March 8th. Of course flowers are nice any time, and RW seem to love them even more than our females. But if you want to save money then skip VD (heh) and send 'em on WD.

9-24-04 Met on-line

10-29-04 Met in Moscow

2-7-05 NOA1

4-7-05 NOA2

5-3-05 forwarded to Moscow

6-1-05 Elya receives Packet

8-25-05 Interview- visa approved

8-29-05 Visa received

9-1-05 Flies Aeroflot to Seattle

10-22-05 Married!

10-29-05 Sent I-485

2-28-06 Fingerprinting

4-20-06 Interview- AOS approved

Good point Chuck. Women's Day is the 8th, and it's imperative to recognize them on this day. (BROWNIE POINTS!!!)

Valentine's isn't such a big deal, but it is getting more popular thanks to movies and of course, the holiday pimp known as Hallmark!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Well, she is aware of other holidays in other countries as she works in international logistics. She already celebrates both christmases and sent my family gifts for december christmas. So no, it would not be such a good idea for me to skip St.V's day in this case. ;)

From what I understand is that St. V's day are becoming more popular with younger russians and may some day become to equal women's day in importance.

Janna and Roger

Janna's Nationality: Russian

Roger's Nationality: American

Beneficiary's Country: Uzbekistan

Service Center: TSC

Consulate: Moscow, Russia

Began writing to each other as pen-pals in June 2003

Met in person on 2/27/2005

8/15/2005 I-129F Sent

8/17/2005 Received at service center

8/23/2005 NOA1 sent

8/26/2005 Check cashed

8/27/2005 NOA1 arrived in mail

10/24/2005 NOA2 sent by email

10/28/2005 NOA2 arrive by mail

10/28/2005 NVC receives petition, case number assigned

11/02/2005 petition left NVC

11/07/2005 petition arrives at US embassy in Moscow

11/21/2005 Janna recieves packet 3

2/10/2006 Janna's K-1 Interview at the US embassy

2/10/2006 Janna got approved for her visa.

2/16/2006 She recieves her passport and visa from DHL

5/24/2006 Arrived in the US

7/22/2006 Marriage

5/08/2007 Son Roger Jr Born

6/04/2009 Daughter Illyana Born

11/12/2009 Starting Citizenship process

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.