Jump to content
Reemak

Guidance needed

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello all!

 

I am new to this and, as I write this, I realize just how emotionally drained I am with the whole process ... and I have not even started.

 

My fiancé is Indian and lives/works in Malaysia. He grew up in Malaysia and went to all the schools and college - yet he fits the category of a Stateless Child because his stepfather failed to adopt him or apply for his citizenship. He has tried himself a few times to get citizenship but rejected. So its already a bit complicated. He is currently able to stay there on a Work Visa thanks to his brothers company. Recently he had to renew the Work Visa. 

 

My main question for now is: Does he have to cancel his Work Visa there for me to apply for our fiancé visa?

 

Any help at all - pertaining to any part of my situation would be greatly appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Reemak said:

Hello all!

 

I am new to this and, as I write this, I realize just how emotionally drained I am with the whole process ... and I have not even started.

 

My fiancé is Indian and lives/works in Malaysia. He grew up in Malaysia and went to all the schools and college - yet he fits the category of a Stateless Child because his stepfather failed to adopt him or apply for his citizenship. He has tried himself a few times to get citizenship but rejected. So its already a bit complicated. He is currently able to stay there on a Work Visa thanks to his brothers company. Recently he had to renew the Work Visa. 

 

My main question for now is: Does he have to cancel his Work Visa there for me to apply for our fiancé visa?

 

Any help at all - pertaining to any part of my situation would be greatly appreciated. 

No 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, very interesting and likely complicated issue. It is likely that your inquiry may be better suited for an immigration professional rather than this online forum dedicated to US Alien Fiance(e) Visa information.

 

Good luck on your endeavor.


Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

> Almost 2 years of our lives involved with the USCIS/DOS "shuffle" & worth every second of it ! <

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

_______________________

:idea: Read more, post less.... Google can be your friend ! :idea:

Prior apologies if I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Keep your timeline current: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Pitaya said:

Hi, very interesting and likely complicated issue. It is likely that your inquiry may be better suited for an immigration professional rather than this online forum dedicated to US Alien Fiance(e) Visa information.

 

Good luck on your endeavor.

Pitaya, you may be right about that. I just thought I would go where someone may have had first-hand experience. We will definitely look into a professional. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reemak said:

Pitaya, you may be right about that. I just thought I would go where someone may have had first-hand experience. We will definitely look into a professional. 

Also, thank you very much for the luck and for replying ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...