ali-madhani

I-130 approved on April 20, 2019, what is next

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I'm a US citizen whose got married in Pakistan.  On April 20, 2019, our I-130 petition got approved, and we received the I-797C Notice of Action form. The form states , "I-130 petition for Alien Relative has been received by our office for the following beneficiaries and is in process". I went to the USCIS official site and plugged in our case number and this is what it states - "On April 23, 2019, we sent your case,  to the Department of State for visa processing. You can find general information on Consular Processing by visiting our website at www.uscis.gov . The website will provide information on what to do next, who to contact, and how to inform us of any changes in your situation or address."\

What is my next step? Am i waiting for NVC to sent out further correspondence or should i reach out to them? thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 hours ago, ali-madhani said:

Hi guys. I'm a US citizen whose got married in Pakistan.  On April 20, 2019, our I-130 petition got approved, and we received the I-797C Notice of Action form. The form states , "I-130 petition for Alien Relative has been received by our office for the following beneficiaries and is in process". I went to the USCIS official site and plugged in our case number and this is what it states - "On April 23, 2019, we sent your case,  to the Department of State for visa processing. You can find general information on Consular Processing by visiting our website at www.uscis.gov . The website will provide information on what to do next, who to contact, and how to inform us of any changes in your situation or address."\

What is my next step? Am i waiting for NVC to sent out further correspondence or should i reach out to them? thanks

call the NVC after about 6 weeks... they would tell you when you can expect your case number and invoice ID. this would enable  pay and move things forward... join this forum 

On 5/1/2019 at 9:39 PM, ali-madhani said:

Hi we got our approval on April 15 and we called NVC this week to be sure they have a valid email address for us. They received our case on April 22. You should call to see if they have your case and be sure there's a valid email for you.

20 hours ago, shoowlaar said:

ut 6 weeks... they would tell you when you can expect your case number and invoice ID. this would enable  pay and move things forward... join this forum 

Today, i made the call the NVC and waited and waited and waited, until i gave up. I decided to email NVC with my query. Let's see if they have any response.

1 hour ago, ali-madhani said:

Today, i made the call the NVC and waited and waited and waited, until i gave up. I decided to email NVC with my query. Let's see if they have any response.

Yes the wait is usually about 25 mins. Don't give up, call and put the phone on speaker do other things in the meantime.

Timeline
On 5/3/2019 at 4:55 PM, ali-madhani said:

you should call again, it takes about 30 minutes, email response are very slow, about 10-14 days

Timeline
10 hours ago, ali-madhani said:

603-334-0700. 

Tried this number and it wouldn't let me speak to a customer service rep. Can you suggest a different number to call? A month has gone by and we have not received any correspondence. Thanks

call early... 9am EST.... and if you get an automated response that they cant pick up.. hang up and keep calling ... eventually it will go through

On 5/9/2019 at 5:44 PM, ali-madhani said:

603-334-0700. 

Tried this number and it wouldn't let me speak to a customer service rep. Can you suggest a different number to call? A month has gone by and we have not received any correspondence. Thanks

when you call that number press 1 and it will send you to another menu to choose what department to talk to. what ive been doing is going to time.gov, and when it says 8:59:30 EST i start calling nvc, and i can get them within 2 minutes

Thanks, i tried calling the same number and pressed 1 to be redirected. It did not redirect, first the guy in a prerecorded message explained how busy there are and making a bunch of excuses and then a lady in spanish (prerecorded) did the same, once they completed justifying their excuses, the call dropped with no path to "select 0" to speak to a representative. 

Help :(

Edited by ali-madhani

On 5/18/2019 at 7:38 PM, ali-madhani said:

Thanks, i tried calling the same number and pressed 1 to be redirected. It did not redirect, first the guy in a prerecorded message explained how busy there are and making a bunch of excuses and then a lady in spanish (prerecorded) did the same, once they completed justifying their excuses, the call dropped with no path to "select 0" to speak to a representative. 

Help :(

You need to keep trying, when you get through you will hear different prompts. It takes several times to even get in the line. Try calling first thing when they open. When you do get through it still will take an hour with music most of the times (at least for us). 

8 hours ago, DJ C said:

You need to keep trying, when you get through you will hear different prompts. It takes several times to even get in the line. Try calling first thing when they open. When you do get through it still will take an hour with music most of the times (at least for us). 

my husband is on hold finally after 12 attempts.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.