Abdeslam

Form N426 where and when

11 posts in this topic

Hello guys , I am about to go to basic training in the next couple of weeks , and I would like to file for citizenship , I did read on the USCI website that after 1 day of active duty I can fill for citizenship , and I read somewhere else that I should serve 180 days to get the n426 certified so I am wondering where and when can i get this form certified 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Never heard of this "1 day" of active duty, now even 180 days. While there is a "fast track" option, it's no where that fast.

https://citizenpath.com/expedited-citizenship-through-military-service/

Even this sounds too fast to me, thought it was 2 years, least it was while I was in the Army.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

3 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Never heard of this "1 day" of active duty, now even 180 days. While there is a "fast track" option, it's no where that fast.

https://citizenpath.com/expedited-citizenship-through-military-service/

Even this sounds too fast to me, thought it was 2 years, least it was while I was in the Army.

https://www.uscis.gov/military/naturalization-through-military-service

all the information are available in the official USCI website

I am just wondering if I need to fill the N426 upon my arrival to basic training or after i spend 180 on AD

Edited by Abdeslam

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Abdeslam said:

https://www.uscis.gov/military/naturalization-through-military-service

all the information are available in the official USCI website

I am just wondering if I need to fill the N426 upon my arrival to basic training or after i spend 180 on AD

Well can't give that specific info as again never heard of it nor that sort of expedite. But, you won't be active duty after basic, only once you graduate from your AIT technically cause that is part of the training. Then you can technically be considered permanent party/active duty. Some would say even won't happen until you actually get to your first duty station after AIT, but that's splitting hairs kind of. 

I only give that info cause even a friend of mine who "fast tracked" citizenship was required one year active duty service and had to be deployed to a war zone. So he got it while on his first tour in Iraq.

@Cyberfx1024 you know anything else about this?

Edited by Ben&Zian

02/03/2017 - Married 

3 hours ago, Ben&Zian said:

Well can't give that specific info as again never heard of it nor that sort of expedite. But, you won't be active duty after basic, only once you graduate from your AIT technically cause that is part of the training. Then you can technically be considered permanent party/active duty. Some would say even won't happen until you actually get to your first duty station after AIT, but that's splitting hairs kind of. 

I only give that info cause even a friend of mine who "fast tracked" citizenship was required one year active duty service and had to be deployed to a war zone. So he got it while on his first tour in Iraq.

@Cyberfx1024 you know anything else about this?

Ok, you and @Abdeslam led me down a rabbit hole that I will continue to delve in to. But I have never heard of being eligible after only 1 day of service at all. I have heard of people getting their naturalization after AIT and Basic under the MAVNI program a few years ago. As of right now they have stopped that program or are no longer accepting applicants for it. So the most recent guidance i have heard is that the service member is expected to been in AD for over 6 months before applying for Expedited Naturalization. 

Timeline

Okay long as I wasn't going crazy cause even in 2007 when my friend 'fast tracked' he had been in a year at that point and in Iraq which was the real accelerator of his fast track process. Mean if only one day was it everyone would suffer for 10 weeks to apply for citizenship then just get kicked out lol

02/03/2017 - Married 

14 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Ok, you and @Abdeslam led me down a rabbit hole that I will continue to delve in to. But I have never heard of being eligible after only 1 day of service at all. I have heard of people getting their naturalization after AIT and Basic under the MAVNI program a few years ago. As of right now they have stopped that program or are no longer accepting applicants for it. So the most recent guidance i have heard is that the service member is expected to been in AD for over 6 months before applying for Expedited Naturalization. 

Thanks for the reply man so yeah I need to wait 180 day before requesting the N 426 to be certified

I also wanted to ask you , I am enlisted as AD , does basic training count as Active duty service knowing that I already signed the contract  ?

9 hours ago, Abdeslam said:

Thanks for the reply man so yeah I need to wait 180 day before requesting the N 426 to be certified

I also wanted to ask you , I am enlisted as AD , does basic training count as Active duty service knowing that I already signed the contract  ?

Yes, the basic training counts when you are AD. So that's why people start when they graduate AIT which is usually around the 5-6 month mark. 

Do you know what you want or are going to in the Army?

1 hour ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Yes, the basic training counts when you are AD. So that's why people start when they graduate AIT which is usually around the 5-6 month mark. 

Do you know what you want or are going to in the Army?

I don’t have much choice when it come to jobs since I am only a gc holder even thought I scored 97 in the ASVAB

I am in the same boat heading to basic training next week 

I found this document by the DOD explaining the naturalization situation for green card holders

The most important part is attached in the photo 

https://dod.defense.gov/Portals/1/Documents/pubs/Naturalization-Honorable-Service-Certification.pdf

BBA6CE2B-766A-4464-AECE-FB96D72279A8.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Mike1996 said:

I am in the same boat heading to basic training next week 

I found this document by the DOD explaining the naturalization situation for green card holders

The most important part is attached in the photo 

https://dod.defense.gov/Portals/1/Documents/pubs/Naturalization-Honorable-Service-Certification.pdf

BBA6CE2B-766A-4464-AECE-FB96D72279A8.jpeg

Thank you so much that what I was looking for , so we need to serve 180 including basic training to be able to get the n426 certified and apply for citizenship 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.