Timeline

I have my interview tommorow. Just want to double check I have everything;

- ds-160 confirmation page

- appointment instruction page

- passport

- poilce check

- birth certificate 

- photos

- I-134 - three years of tax returns (1099) employment letter and bank statement

Am I missing anything??? 

I had my interview at London yesterday and at the door I was asked for DS160 confirmation and passport, at the reception the DS160 confirmation again, and then during the interview: my passport,  US passport photos (I handed over 2), confirmation appt letter which showed my delivery choice, DS160 confirmation, birth certificate (original), police check (original), affidavit I-134, tax (ours was W2) and retirement letters (employment in your case). I offered more but was told it wasn't necessary, but I don't see anything wrong with taking it just in case. So, I think you're good but if not I'm sure someone else will chime in! Best of luck. They were really friendly and calm, and it was over within about 15 minutes for me! 

Edited by mangomochi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 minutes ago, mangomochi said:

I had my interview at London yesterday and at the door I was asked for DS160 confirmation and passport, at the reception the DS160 confirmation again, and then during the interview: my passport,  US passport photos (I handed over 2), confirmation appt letter which showed my delivery choice, DS160 confirmation, birth certificate (original), police check (original), affidavit I-134, tax (ours was W2) and retirement letters (employment in your case). I offered more but was told it wasn't necessary, but I don't see anything wrong with taking it just in case. So, I think you're good but if not I'm sure someone else will chime in! Best of luck. They were really friendly and calm, and it was over within about 15 minutes for me! 

Thank you so much. I feel sick lol feel like I'm forgetting something obvious but iv checked 1 million times lol

9 minutes ago, GemmaBruce99 said:

Thank you so much. I feel sick lol feel like I'm forgetting something obvious but iv checked 1 million times lol

I think everyone on this forum at this stage has been there and can understand. I had a lot of help from @LukeU and I checked a million times or more, too! I took way more than I needed, originally because we didn't meet 100%, but then when we scraped it I kept it just in case. As for questions, I was asked: How did you meet? When and where did you first meet? How many months between meeting online and meeting in person? What does he do for work? How many visits since then? Did he always visit you? And then, at the end, whether my fiance went by his full name or a shortened version of it. The man asking these questions put me at complete ease. He was calm, asked them as though it was just a chat, and he was very friendly. It's always best to be doubly prepared, but this will be over before you know it. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
22 minutes ago, VanillaCats said:

I have my interview too tomorrow! Good luck! What time is your interview?

Thank youu ser you there

3 hours ago, GemmaBruce99 said:

I have my interview tommorow. Just want to double check I have everything;

- ds-160 confirmation page

- appointment instruction page

- passport

- poilce check

- birth certificate 

- photos

- I-134 - three years of tax returns (1099) employment letter and bank statement

Am I missing anything??? 

looks good to me !

I think you only need the latest tax return, but i wont tell you not to bring it in case. If it settles your mind then theres nothing stopping you bringing more than you need, im 99.9999% sure you wouldnt need anything "extra" but  purely if it helps you feel more confident then bring it in a separate folder.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.