panamerican

NVC/Embassy phase

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Hi all,

I have been searching and vigorously organizing paperwork that I believe my fiancée will need for the next phase of the process. I will be traveling to surprise her this weekend and also deliver paperwork and discuss the next steps with her.

I have a few questions:

• Is this sufficient paperwork for what she will need for the next step?
    • Exact photocopy of the I-129F packet sent to USCIS
    • A copy of NOA1 and NOA2 for her to keep
    • Completed and signed I-134
    • Statement from my employer stating my position, full-time status, salary, and good standing, signed by my employer and on business letterhead
    • Previous three years of tax returns (W2)
    • Previous three months of paystubs (will likely need to provide another month or two by the time the interview arrives)
    • A printed statement of my retirement account (Don't know if this is necessary)
    • Two passport-style photos of me, signed and dated within six months of the interview
    • Two passport-style photos of her, signed and dated within six months of the interview
    • A written letter stating my intent to marry her within 90 days (Does she need to write one again too? Does this letter need to be a lot different from the first one?)
    • Proof of continuing relationship (I have continued collecting boarding passes, receipts, etc. which I will bring to her this weekend)
  • I am looking to sign and date the I-134 before or sometime during my visit this weekend, although she has yet to receive any information from NVC nor do I have a case number.
    •  Is it too early to date these?
    • Is there a specific timeframe?
  • Is it really necessary to print out bank statements or have the official letter from my bank if I make well above the poverty-level salary guidelines? I have all the proof necessary to demonstrate my salary and good standing as an employee

Thank you in advance

Edited by panamerican

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

All she needs from you for the interview is the affidavit and financial support evidence (most consulates want 1 year return or transcripts) and continuing relationship evidence 

I don't know where you came up with all the other items

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

All she needs from you for the interview is the affidavit and financial support evidence (most consulates want 1 year return or transcripts) and continuing relationship evidence 

I don't know where you came up with all the other items

All over the internet. I am finding it difficult to get a straight answer on all of this, hence why I am asking here.

Thanks for the input!

Timeline
Just now, panamerican said:

All over the internet. I am finding it difficult to get a straight answer on all of this, hence why I am asking here.

Thanks for the input!

The consulate will provide a list of required documents.   

She is the applicant,  passport style photo of her but not you.   A updated letter of intent is not unheard of but rarely done.  

If your income exceeds the threshold don't worry about bank statements or retirement accounts 

YMMV

Timeline
25 minutes ago, payxibka said:

The consulate will provide a list of required documents.   

She is the applicant,  passport style photo of her but not you.   A updated letter of intent is not unheard of but rarely done.  

If your income exceeds the threshold don't worry about bank statements or retirement accounts 

Thank you again.

Any thoughts on signing the I-134 this week as opposed to closer to the interview date which we do not yet have? I would like for her to have the original, signed document from me this weekend.

Timeline
Just now, panamerican said:

Thank you again.

Any thoughts on signing the I-134 this week as opposed to closer to the interview date which we do not yet have? I would like for her to have the original, signed document from me this weekend.

Sign but have her date it later 

YMMV

Timeline
7 minutes ago, panamerican said:

Doesn't it look fishy to have the date in someone else's handwriting?

I don't think anyone would notice 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.