Andreypa

How long can it take after RFE received by USCIS (I-765/I-131)?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello guys,

If anyone has been in this situation. We got RFE for all of our docs (problem was not sufficient quantity of marriage certs I guess). Green Card was the first to receive RFE,but luckily it is all good - Case is ready to be scheduled for interview since November,2018.

But than we received RFE's for I-765 and I-131. Sent the whole packet separately for each case. I did cover letter explaining the situation for better understanding to USCIS, and they received our response pretty quickly. Now since March,7 there is still nothing....during this time I received few emails in intervals of 2 weeks each, that Currently we do not have any updates,but we are working on it..something like that. Do you know how long typically it might take??

Thank you very much!

1 hour ago, Andreypa said:

Hello guys,

If anyone has been in this situation. We got RFE for all of our docs (problem was not sufficient quantity of marriage certs I guess). Green Card was the first to receive RFE,but luckily it is all good - Case is ready to be scheduled for interview since November,2018.

But than we received RFE's for I-765 and I-131. Sent the whole packet separately for each case. I did cover letter explaining the situation for better understanding to USCIS, and they received our response pretty quickly. Now since March,7 there is still nothing....during this time I received few emails in intervals of 2 weeks each, that Currently we do not have any updates,but we are working on it..something like that. Do you know how long typically it might take??

Thank you very much!

I got an RFIE on my I765/I131 for MCs too. 

Through monitoring a few cases with RFEs in March, I've seen that the turnaround from RFE  notice mailed from USCIS to Approved (not card on hand though) is around 20 to 30 days. 

You could call and speak to a Tier 2 but it's doubtful they could answer any specific questions as Tier 2 will answer about specific cases but once an RFE is involved they can provide nothing.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I got an RFIE on my I765/I131 for MCs too. 

Through monitoring a few cases with RFEs in March, I've seen that the turnaround from RFE  notice mailed from USCIS to Approved (not card on hand though) is around 20 to 30 days. 

You could call and speak to a Tier 2 but it's doubtful they could answer any specific questions as Tier 2 will answer about specific cases but once an RFE is involved they can provide nothing.

Thank you so much for giving me such an update. I think we are both somewhere very close. Time stretches so slowly with RFE's. I wonder why don't they tell people from the beginning to include 3 Marriage Certs? I would include copies and copies and copies for each page. We included everything in singly copy for whole packet and they somehow lost Marriage Cert. That was a first call for RFE. A month of waiting...And than these two..ah,frustration (another time frame added)

6 minutes ago, Andreypa said:

Thank you so much for giving me such an update. I think we are both somewhere very close. Time stretches so slowly with RFE's. I wonder why don't they tell people from the beginning to include 3 Marriage Certs? I would include copies and copies and copies for each page. We included everything in singly copy for whole packet and they somehow lost Marriage Cert. That was a first call for RFE. A month of waiting...And than these two..ah,frustration (another time frame added)

Each form instructions state to submit documents proving how you are eligible for them based on your K1 status. A MC is a required document for each I485, I765 and I131 because of that. You are eligible for the reason that you complied with the conditions of the K1 Visa. Getting married is one of those conditions. Having an approved I129F is another. Having an approved K1 visa is another. Using your K1 visa to legally enter is a third reason. And marrying is the fourth.

They are seperate applications so you need to satisfy the requirements for each form.

I submitted three and they lost them for my I765 and I131.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Each form instructions state to submit documents proving how you are eligible for them based on your K1 status. A MC is a required document for each I485, I765 and I131 because of that. You are eligible for the reason that you complied with the conditions of the K1 Visa. Getting married is one of them. They are seperate applications so you need to satisfy the requirements for each form.

I submitted three and they lost them for my I765 and I131.

Ah, I see...I bet am not the one who did this - I thought about this as a whole packet..well,mistake for me, at least now they are processing it,hopefully with less stress. It does not come to mind,how could they loose 3 though...that's a panic attack there!!! 

Just now, Andreypa said:

Ah, I see...I bet am not the one who did this - I thought about this as a whole packet..well,mistake for me, at least now they are processing it,hopefully with less stress. It does not come to mind,how could they loose 3 though...that's a panic attack there!!! 

No you arent the only one for sure but it does get talked about on here (what to include/ppl posting their individual cover letters for each form) so I know it's a hot topic.

They have so much work. They lost mine even though I wrote my alien number on each of them. 

Hopefully we will both get through soon!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

No you arent the only one for sure but it does get talked about on here (what to include/ppl posting their individual cover letters for each form) so I know it's a hot topic.

They have so much work. They lost mine even though I wrote my alien number on each of them. 

Hopefully we will both get through soon!

Good luck to us, luck and patience! 😃😊

Timeline

Finally,yesterday evening very unexpectedly - an update came in "New card is being produced" for I-765. At last after 189 days :)) Waiting for the second one I-131 to be miraculously next :))

4 hours ago, Andreypa said:

Finally,yesterday evening very unexpectedly - an update came in "New card is being produced" for I-765. At last after 189 days :)) Waiting for the second one I-131 to be miraculously next :))

Mine updated yesterday too. 170. 

PS the I131 wont update until it's been received if it ever updates at all. Safe to say its approved and coming on a combo card if your applied concurrently.

Congrats!

Timeline
26 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Mine updated yesterday too. 170. 

PS the I131 wont update until it's been received if it ever updates at all. Safe to say its approved and coming on a combo card if your applied concurrently.

Congrats!

That is so great! Congrats to you too :) Yes,everything has been sent together,so hopefully it will arrive as combo. What is the time frame to receive card(s) in hand?

3 minutes ago, Andreypa said:

That is so great! Congrats to you too :) Yes,everything has been sent together,so hopefully it will arrive as combo. What is the time frame to receive card(s) in hand?

I'm monitoring that now.

Card being produced is status one.

Card mailed is status two.

Card picked up by USPS is status 3. (Has USPS tracking).

Card delivered by USPS is status 4.

The whole process usually takes a week with status 3 to 4 taking 2 days or less.

Card de

Timeline
30 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I'm monitoring that now.

Card being produced is status one.

Card mailed is status two.

Card picked up by USPS is status 3. (Has USPS tracking).

Card delivered by USPS is status 4.

The whole process usually takes a week with status 3 to 4 taking 2 days or less.

Card de

Cool! Thank you so much for that info! 👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.