HarisB

[KOSOVO] Help please! I'm in the process of filling out a K-1 visa for my girlfriend who lives in Kosovo. However i am unsure as to whether or not i have the correct mailing address and format.

5 posts in this topic

So just for reference the US format goes

Name

Address

City/State/Zip Code

Country

I've seen two slightly different formats for Kosovo on two different sources

http://www.upu.int/fileadmin/documentsFiles/activities/addressingUnit/xskEn.pdf

The format given is as such 

title + first name+ family name

P.O. Box number

postcode + locality name or town name

country

and as an example would yield something like this 

Z. Hilmi Zekolli

P.O. Box 333

40000 MITROVICA

KOSOVO (UNMIK)

The second example i saw yields this

http://www.columbia.edu/~fdc/postal/#europe

Name of Intended Recipient

Street Address

City or Town Name

KOSOVO (UNMIK)

Based on these the mailing format, what i have with regards to my girlfriend is 

Name

Peć, Vitomirica, Region 2

Vitomirica, 30090, Peć

Kosovo (UNMIK)

Is the format that i am using fine? Or would it need to be 

Name

Peć, Vitomirica, Region 2

30090 Vitomirica

Kosovo (UNMIK)

Edited by HarisB
spelling

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

is this for the forms?

I-129F Submitted: 16 January 2018 NOA1 Received: 26 January 2018 NOA2 Received: 02 August 2018 | NVC Received: 16 August 2018 | Consulate Received: 07  SEP 2018 | Medical: 24 SEP 2018 | Interview: 28 SEP 2018 | VISA in Hand: 23 OCT 2018 | POE: 10 NOV 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 270

• 4 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

Both formats are fine.  Good thing she even has an address.   We mailed something to puke, albania and all we put was the person’s. name and main road.   🙂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.