3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Thanks to the group here...they have been here for me through this multi year process.  Started as a K1 application which got approved, got married a year ago, spouse received her work permit so she is now working and things are great!  Just still waiting on the Green Card Interview and the process is pretty much done. 

Problem

I may be about to receive a pretty big promotion with my job which requires me to go to south Texas.  My wife has no real work prospects there but the promotion for my career may be worth going for it and trying to transfer out in a year or so.  Long story short.  We haven't decided what we may do if the offer comes through but would us being separated for work purposes be a problem in completing the Green Card Process?  We are happily married and neither likes the idea of time apart...and we may decide against it...but we just wanted to know if we did go that route if it would be a legal problem...?

Thanks everyone!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, greg1984 said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks to the group here...they have been here for me through this multi year process.  Started as a K1 application which got approved, got married a year ago, spouse received her work permit so she is now working and things are great!  Just still waiting on the Green Card Interview and the process is pretty much done. 

Problem

I may be about to receive a pretty big promotion with my job which requires me to go to south Texas.  My wife has no real work prospects there but the promotion for my career may be worth going for it and trying to transfer out in a year or so.  Long story short.  We haven't decided what we may do if the offer comes through but would us being separated for work purposes be a problem in completing the Green Card Process?  We are happily married and neither likes the idea of time apart...and we may decide against it...but we just wanted to know if we did go that route if it would be a legal problem...?

Thanks everyone!

Just explain the situation as you have.   

YMMV

21 minutes ago, greg1984 said:

Hello everyone,

Problem

Thanks everyone!

No issue, there are many other couples live apart. Just tell the truth. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.