SpaceAge

AOS and medical expiry date

7 posts in this topic

I have my AOS all ready to go but I am waiting on my partner getting a 1099 form to go with his W2 tax return. His old employer is taking ages to send this and it is delaying me doing ....well everything as I need the I797 to get my drivers licence and I also need my SSN to open a bank account etc etc.

My medical expires mid June and I have read that if it is out of date I may have to pay for another medical and all the jabs I had last year again. 

Can anyone advise at which point of the AOS the valid medical is critical for, is it biometrics or is it the greencard interview? 

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, SpaceAge said:

I have my AOS all ready to go but I am waiting on my partner getting a 1099 form to go with his W2 tax return. His old employer is taking ages to send this and it is delaying me doing ....well everything as I need the I797 to get my drivers licence and I also need my SSN to open a bank account etc etc.

My medical expires mid June and I have read that if it is out of date I may have to pay for another medical and all the jabs I had last year again. 

Can anyone advise at which point of the AOS the valid medical is critical for, is it biometrics or is it the greencard interview? 

Thanks

~Moved to Adjustment of Status Case Filing And Progress Reports~

In theory, as long as the medical is still valid at time of sending off and acceptance of the AOS packet, you should be fine... they still could ask you to get a new medical done by time of the AOS interview because it will have been long expired then.

But they may not... We didn't have an interview but my husbands medical and all was fine for the AOS process so... but you are definitely cutting it close. If they request a new medical, will have to be done by a civil surgeon, pricey, but can "shop around" and find best priced one. PRobably just will have to do a physical again not shots since already had them.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

2 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

~Moved to Adjustment of Status Case Filing And Progress Reports~

In theory, as long as the medical is still valid at time of sending off and acceptance of the AOS packet, you should be fine... they still could ask you to get a new medical done by time of the AOS interview because it will have been long expired then.

But they may not... We didn't have an interview but my husbands medical and all was fine for the AOS process so... but you are definitely cutting it close. If they request a new medical, will have to be done by a civil surgeon, pricey, but can "shop around" and find best priced one. PRobably just will have to do a physical again not shots since already had them.

I am actually recalling now they said the UK medicals are only valid for 6 months as I had to enter the US by late December because of it. So it is ‘expired’ based on that. I know it used to be 12 months. 

On entry I was held in secondary as they thought it already expired in December but it hadnt so after a LONG check I went through. 

On my medical however there is a stamp with an OMB number, an ‘estimated burden’ and an expiry that reads 10/31/2020

6 months validity for vaccinations seems a bit short especially as some are lifelong or unnecessary to have again once youve had them? 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, SpaceAge said:

I am actually recalling now they said the UK medicals are only valid for 6 months as I had to enter the US by late December because of it. So it is ‘expired’ based on that. I know it used to be 12 months. 

On entry I was held in secondary as they thought it already expired in December but it hadnt so after a LONG check I went through. 

On my medical however there is a stamp with an OMB number, an ‘estimated burden’ and an expiry that reads 10/31/2020

6 months validity for vaccinations seems a bit short especially as some are lifelong or unnecessary to have again once youve had them? 

6 mos. for the Visa, 12 mos for AOS

disregard OMB, it means nothing 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, SpaceAge said:

Ok any ideas on the 2020 date? Thats well over a year to when I had it. It expires this June and I am worried at which point of AOS this is relevant to. Biometrics or interview. 

OMB is the Office of Management and Budget.   Disregard it has nothing to do with immigration 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I had my interview in Chicago on Tuesday. My medical expired in February. She (the interviewer) didnt even ask to see it.

My interview was approved yesterday via the website alert. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.