LiamT7

[K1] NVC Tracking Status "No Status"?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good morning all,

I received my NVC case number (LND...) On March 28th. I have now filled out the DS-160 and I have tried tracking the application on the CEAC website and it currently says "No Status".

Is this normal? As I have read that other peoples says "At NVC" when it is still being processed. Did I jump the gun or something? When filling out the DS-160, in the Application Receipt/Petition Number, I filled out my USCIS number as people said it doesn't matter what is used, so I assume thing won't be the reason.

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
9 minutes ago, LiamT7 said:

I chose nonimmigrant

For all purposes at the embassy choose Immigrant,  because the Immigrant Visa Unit is the one handling your K1 case and doing your interview. This goes for CEAC, signing up for interview, contacting them to ask a question, or getting in line outside the embassy.

Try again using Immigrant and see if that works.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

For all purposes at the embassy choose Immigrant,  because the Immigrant Visa Unit is the one handling your K1 case and doing your interview. This goes for CEAC, signing up for interview, contacting them to ask a question, or getting in line outside the embassy.

Try again using Immigrant and see if that works.

Thank worked! You always have the answer, thank you. That is strange the the DS-160 is nonimmigrant, but the tracking is immigrant.

Thank you so much!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
5 minutes ago, LiamT7 said:

Thank worked! You always have the answer, thank you. That is strange the the DS-160 is nonimmigrant, but the tracking is immigrant.

Thank you so much!

Your visa is a nonimmigrant visa so that's your form. But all your files and interview are handled by the Immigrant Visa Unit. It's a clerical thing because as a fiancé, yours is petition based and you have a little more to prove because you get to stay and go for a greencard. The IVU is a closer fit in that respect for vetting you. 

The rest of the nonimmigrant visas...student, tourist, athletes, musicians, nannies...are processed by the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit. 

Your status on CEAC says Immigrant. This is also just for temp clerical purposes. After your interview when you are madly checking that status, just before the visa is issued the status will switch to Nonimmigrant to get you properly classified for the finish line. When you see Nonimmigrant in your status, that's a clue it's very close to saying "Issued".

Timeline
1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

Your visa is a nonimmigrant visa so that's your form. But all your files and interview are handled by the Immigrant Visa Unit. It's a clerical thing because as a fiancé, yours is petition based and you have a little more to prove because you get to stay and go for a greencard. The IVU is a closer fit in that respect for vetting you. 

The rest of the nonimmigrant visas...student, tourist, athletes, musicians, nannies...are processed by the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit. 

Your status on CEAC says Immigrant. This is also just for temp clerical purposes. After your interview when you are madly checking that status, just before the visa is issued the status will switch to Nonimmigrant to get you properly classified for the finish line. When you see Nonimmigrant in your status, that's a clue it's very close to saying "Issued".

That is some fantastic information, I will keep all of that in mind, thank you. 

You should do this for a living!

Edited by LiamT7

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.