jeanita68

How long after case number

31 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, msrainyj said:

They are moving along I see...hopefully it continues. Praying for us all that we get some good news fast. Keep me posted my friend!

Yes ok i will n Praying also for us all. 🙏

On 4/6/2019 at 10:26 PM, jeanita68 said:

I submitted all my docs to nvc on march 31. What is the website u use to check yes i would to have it. 

when you submitted your documents to NVC did you submit only the required documents or did you submit additional Documents tomprove  a bona fide mariage.?

9 hours ago, Mr. Bama said:

when you submitted your documents to NVC did you submit only the required documents or did you submit additional Documents tomprove  a bona fide mariage.?

I only submitted what they requested. Only thing i added was the translated copies also

2 hours ago, Mr. Bama said:

Did you have to get the police certificate translated?

No 

2 hours ago, Mr. Bama said:

Did you have to get the police certificate translated?

On 4/6/2019 at 3:56 PM, msrainyj said:

Did any of you guys get case complete email yet? 

I just got a email i have to resubmit my husband birth cert. 

1 hour ago, jeanita68 said:

I just got a email i have to resubmit my husband birth cert. 

Oh noooo my friend....soooo sorrry...I keep checking NVC and I see they are changing the document review dates. I made sure to call to make sure they didn't need anything else from me because they do pop up with needing this and that out of no where.

26 minutes ago, msrainyj said:

Oh noooo my friend....soooo sorrry...I keep checking NVC and I see they are changing the document review dates. I made sure to call to make sure they didn't need anything else from me because they do pop up with needing this and that out of no where.

Im really not sure what the issue is. All documents was recieved. It only said to replace the birth certificate. So i uploaded another acta extensa that i had. 

1 hour ago, jeanita68 said:

Im really not sure what the issue is. All documents was recieved. It only said to replace the birth certificate. So i uploaded another acta extensa that i had. 

You should call them tomorrow my friend...ask them what the issue is. 

19 minutes ago, msrainyj said:

You should call them tomorrow my friend...ask them what the issue is. 

Yes i definitely plan on doing that. Another 2-3 wk wait...ugh. just so frastrating! 

3 minutes ago, jeanita68 said:

Yes i definitely plan on doing that. Another 2-3 wk wait...ugh. just so frastrating! 

I know baby girl...trust me. I know exactly what you're going through. I'm sorry boo. 

3 minutes ago, msrainyj said:

I know baby girl...trust me. I know exactly what you're going through. I'm sorry boo. 

Thank you. Im jus praying now they accept the replaced birth cert. **sigh**

So... i called nvc and found out i uploaded the wrong BC i uploaded the short version. And they reqiure the longer version.

Two types of birth certificates are available: a condensed version called an "Extracto de Acta" and a longer version, called an "Acta Inextensa," which contains more information. Both versions are legitimate civil documents; however, post requires only the Acta Inextensa is accepted  be submitted for immigrant, K and V visa purposes due to its more complete nature. Dominican civil documents used for visa purposes do not need to be legalized.

17 hours ago, jeanita68 said:

So... i called nvc and found out i uploaded the wrong BC i uploaded the short version. And they reqiure the longer version.

Two types of birth certificates are available: a condensed version called an "Extracto de Acta" and a longer version, called an "Acta Inextensa," which contains more information. Both versions are legitimate civil documents; however, post requires only the Acta Inextensa is accepted  be submitted for immigrant, K and V visa purposes due to its more complete nature. Dominican civil documents used for visa purposes do not need to be legalized.

I was wondering about that because it happened to us. I couldn't remember which one was which so I thought you had the right one. Ugh sorry my friend

38 minutes ago, msrainyj said:

I was wondering about that because it happened to us. I couldn't remember which one was which so I thought you had the right one. Ugh sorry my friend

Yes. Smh... but I’m glad I called because I would have wasted another 2weeks only to find out it’s still wrong. And I’m glad it still allows me to upload the new one cause I had already uploaded the same type of B.C. already. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.