Jump to content
Diane&Travis

I am unsure if my k1 visa was approved

15 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Today, March 28. I had an appointment to the Embassy of the US. I was only asked a few questions. The consular officer gave me white pamphlets and a piece of white paper which contained phone numbers to the call center to verify my mailing address. The consul only said "I recommend your visa approved". That was kind of hanging. My mistake was I didn't ask what it means. Can anyone enlighten me please? 

 

2nd, I originally chose pick up when I filed my DS160, but since they said it will take 2-4 weeks so I changed to deliver it instead via a call center agent. Will that delay anything? Thanks for your help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Diane&Travis said:

Today, March 28. I had an appointment to the Embassy of the US. I was only asked a few questions. The consular officer gave me white pamphlets and a piece of white paper which contained phone numbers to the call center to verify my mailing address. The consul only said "I recommend your visa approved". That was kind of hanging. My mistake was I didn't ask what it means. Can anyone enlighten me please? 

 

2nd, I originally chose pick up when I filed my DS160, but since they said it will take 2-4 weeks so I changed to deliver it instead via a call center agent. Will that delay anything? Thanks for your help

deliver to your address?

 

pick up in 2go MOA branch usually take 3 to 5 days but the CO would tell you to call if 10 days pass and you didnt received your passport with visa.

 

did they keep your passport?

recommend for approval is not a bad sign specially if they keep your passport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FilAm24 said:

deliver to your address?

 

pick up in 2go MOA branch usually take 3 to 5 days but the CO would tell you to call if 10 days pass and you didnt received your passport with visa.

 

did they keep your passport?

recommend for approval is not a bad sign specially if they keep your passport.

Hi thanks for your reply, yes deliver to my address. I thought of chaging it because manila is too far from my home town. 

 

And yes they kept my passport. What does that mean? Do they need to revoew something? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they gave you the Domestic Violence and What to do in case of emergencies pamphlets along with keeping your passport, you are approved for the visa. I witnessed a few others who got a delayed decision to await further documentation or straight denial. We are still awaiting my fiancé passport back as well. And I do recall the CO’s telling applicants, including us, it can take 2-4 weeks to receive it back. We’re just over 2 weeks now and I’ve already called the Call Center to inquire. We are in Cebu so we chose to use 2Go Cebu as well. I know it’s nerve racking but just be patient. There’s hundreds if not thousands like us all going through the process, so it’s understandable they are backed up. Good luck and congrats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Diane&Travis said:

Hi thanks for your reply, yes deliver to my address. I thought of chaging it because manila is too far from my home town. 

 

And yes they kept my passport. What does that mean? Do they need to revoew something? 

in some cases even if they keep the passport and the interview went well they still do the AP and it could take  a few days or weeks.

Keep checking your status online. or call the number that they gave you and inquire.

 

in my case last july 2018 i was approve on the spot and received my visa 3 days after the interview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FilAm24 said:

in some cases even if they keep the passport and the interview went well they still do the AP and it could take  a few days or weeks.

Keep checking your status online. or call the number that they gave you and inquire.

 

in my case last july 2018 i was approve on the spot and received my visa 3 days after the interview.

Wow, congrats! I'm unsure why they would still do AP on my case. They only asked a few questions and that's it. Consul wasnt that friendly at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Terjancebu said:

If they gave you the Domestic Violence and What to do in case of emergencies pamphlets along with keeping your passport, you are approved for the visa. I witnessed a few others who got a delayed decision to await further documentation or straight denial. We are still awaiting my fiancé passport back as well. And I do recall the CO’s telling applicants, including us, it can take 2-4 weeks to receive it back. We’re just over 2 weeks now and I’ve already called the Call Center to inquire. We are in Cebu so we chose to use 2Go Cebu as well. I know it’s nerve racking but just be patient. There’s hundreds if not thousands like us all going through the process, so it’s understandable they are backed up. Good luck and congrats. 

Thanks for your response and that was a relief! When I filled up DS160, it didnt give me an option to choose 2go cebu. I initially chose pick in manila, but since they couldnt disclose the exact timeline, I just chose delivery. Hopefully it won't be over 4 weeks. That's too long

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Diane&Travis said:

Wow, congrats! I'm unsure why they would still do AP on my case. They only asked a few questions and that's it. Consul wasnt that friendly at all

well it depends on how you describe their behavior during the interview. Mine was a lil bit mad at first because i keep asking her to repeat her first questions  as i didnt understand her (it was too loud in the embassy) but after the first question it was smooth and we both laugh in most of our conversations.

 

manila is not hard to get an approval in k1 visa/cr1.

 

keep tracking your passport and check the status online. if i were you ill just give them a call..i never track my case/status online since NOA1 and we are lucky to receive the snail mail/email about our case..the number that they gave you from the embassy  has a very helpful call center..if you didnt hear from them about your passport in few days try to call them.

 

But the way you explain your interview it seems went well and you have nothing to worry about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Diane&Travis said:

Wow, congrats! I'm unsure why they would still do AP on my case. They only asked a few questions and that's it. Consul wasnt that friendly at all

always remember everyone goes AP..if you have a straight forward/clean case it won't goes to AP..i never did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for explaining the AP process. It’s still a bit frustrating though. We’ve been waiting exactly 2 weeks now and was unsure why it’s taking awhile to finish. I see now we are far from alone. Given that my fiancé had to do the sputum check as well, it took us the extra 3 months to clear and get to the interview. Glad I didn’t buy tickets home yet. Best of luck to all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FilAm24 said:

well it depends on how you describe their behavior during the interview. Mine was a lil bit mad at first because i keep asking her to repeat her first questions  as i didnt understand her (it was too loud in the embassy) but after the first question it was smooth and we both laugh in most of our conversations.

 

manila is not hard to get an approval in k1 visa/cr1.

 

keep tracking your passport and check the status online. if i were you ill just give them a call..i never track my case/status online since NOA1 and we are lucky to receive the snail mail/email about our case..the number that they gave you from the embassy  has a very helpful call center..if you didnt hear from them about your passport in few days try to call them.

 

But the way you explain your interview it seems went well and you have nothing to worry about.

I never tracked anything too. Was just really nervous and confused cause I heard the officer telling the person before me, your visa is approved. Just probably relayed it in a different way. Hopefully everything will go well. Thanks for the tip 😊 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Diane&Travis said:

I never tracked anything too. Was just really nervous and confused cause I heard the officer telling the person before me, your visa is approved. Just probably relayed it in a different way. Hopefully everything will go well. Thanks for the tip 😊 

just think positive 😉

 

goodluck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We were blessed today to get notified that her K1 has finally been issued and is now being sent to 2Go for delivery. Took just over 2weeks to process. Thank God! Just hang in there guys. I’m wishing you all the best. 

Edited by Terjancebu
Added additional info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×