Jump to content
FaintSpartan

Still 'At NVC' Can I book medical?

22 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

As I understand, the wait for the medical appointment is close to a month. I didn't realise that at first and makes our wait a whole month longer, a month we didn't plan on.

 

Is there any way I can book the medical with my embassy case still at the NVC? What would I need to book the medical despite my packet not being in London yet?

 

Hopefully it can be timed right that the medical appointment is only a week or two after the embassy sends their letter inviting me to setup the interview/sort out the medical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My fiancée called today for medical. The earliest they had was April 6th, but April 11th worked better for my fiancée so we went with that. Our case is still “at NVC”. All that was needed was the case number to book medical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, FaintSpartan said:

As I understand, the wait for the medical appointment is close to a month. I didn't realise that at first and makes our wait a whole month longer, a month we didn't plan on.

 

Is there any way I can book the medical with my embassy case still at the NVC? What would I need to book the medical despite my packet not being in London yet?

 

Hopefully it can be timed right that the medical appointment is only a week or two after the embassy sends their letter inviting me to setup the interview/sort out the medical.

As long as you have the case number you can book 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FaintSpartan said:

I've got the case number from my fiancee when she called the NVC. Will that be enough? Or will some sort of written proof be better?

Does it start with LND? You don't need anything in writing till the day of your appointment which you just take the letter of approval. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Paigepaige said:

Does it start with LND? You don't need anything in writing till the day of your appointment which you just take the letter of approval. 

Letter of approval? Do you mean the petition approval (NOA2) because that is the only "approval" at this point and it doesn't have the LND number written on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Paigepaige said:

Does it start with LND? You don't need anything in writing till the day of your appointment which you just take the letter of approval. 

Yeah it does. I don't have any letter of approval yet, probably won't until mid-april since others on VisaJourney don't expect the NVC to ship off the application to the London embassy until a week from today. 

Edited by FaintSpartan
grammar edit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Letter of approval? Do you mean the petition approval (NOA2) because that is the only "approval" at this point and it doesn't have the LND number written on it.

I received one saying my fiance petition had been approved (along with a copy of the i129F) and to go to the website and follow the instructions. This letter had my case number on and my medical appointment asked for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FaintSpartan said:

Yeah it does. I don't have any letter of approval yet, probably won't until mid-april since others on VisaJourney don't expect the NVC to ship off the application the London until a week from today. 

You do not get an "approval" from NVC. Your only approval came from USCIS. There are three things that will have your LND number printed on it.

  1. Notice from NVC to American fiancé saying the approved petition has gone to consulate in London.
  2. Instruction letter from London to British fiancé saying they have received the approved petition. 
  3. Your CEAC online status

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

You do not get an "approval" from NVC. Your only approval came from USCIS. There are three things that will have your LND number printed on it.

  1. Notice from NVC to American fiancé saying the approved petition has gone to consulate in London.
  2. Instruction letter from London to British fiancé saying they have received the approved petition. 
  3. Your CEAC online status

Thanks. I've got my LND number, we called the NVC and they gave it to us. Just wondering if I need anything physical (regarding the LND number) as proof for the medical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

You do not get an "approval" from NVC. Your only approval came from USCIS. There are three things that will have your LND number printed on it.

  1. Notice from NVC to American fiancé saying the approved petition has gone to consulate in London.
  2. Instruction letter from London to British fiancé saying they have received the approved petition. 
  3. Your CEAC online status

I never said the letter came from the NVC. I said you need the letter to take to your medical appointment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, FaintSpartan said:

Thanks. I've got my LND number, we called the NVC and they gave it to us. Just wondering if I need anything physical (regarding the LND number) as proof for the medical.

YES. Show something at the medical with your LND number on it, besides what you wrote yourself from phone info. They will make the appointment by you telling them the number, but they want it printed on something official the day you attend your medical exam.

Edited by Wuozopo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

YES. Show something at the medical with your LND number on it, besides what you wrote yourself from phone info. They will make the appointment by you telling them the number, but they want it printed on something official the day you attend your medical exam.

Ah I see, so it might be a bit risky if I book the medical before actually having something official. Although, could an email from the NVC confirming that it is my LND number be enough for them, just in case? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FaintSpartan said:

Ah I see, so it might be a bit risky if I book the medical before actually having something official. Although, could an email from the NVC confirming that it is my LND number be enough for them, just in case? 

All you need is "a letter/email from the embassy or NVC to confirm your case number and visa category" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FaintSpartan said:

Ah I see, so it might be a bit risky if I book the medical before actually having something official. Although, could an email from the NVC confirming that it is my LND number be enough for them, just in case? 

It's not as difficult as you are making it. Book the medical for several weeks out if you are afraid you won't have something. You get to pick the date. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×