FaintSpartan

Still 'At NVC' Can I book medical?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

As I understand, the wait for the medical appointment is close to a month. I didn't realise that at first and makes our wait a whole month longer, a month we didn't plan on.

Is there any way I can book the medical with my embassy case still at the NVC? What would I need to book the medical despite my packet not being in London yet?

Hopefully it can be timed right that the medical appointment is only a week or two after the embassy sends their letter inviting me to setup the interview/sort out the medical.

Timeline

My fiancée called today for medical. The earliest they had was April 6th, but April 11th worked better for my fiancée so we went with that. Our case is still “at NVC”. All that was needed was the case number to book medical. 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, FaintSpartan said:

As I understand, the wait for the medical appointment is close to a month. I didn't realise that at first and makes our wait a whole month longer, a month we didn't plan on.

Is there any way I can book the medical with my embassy case still at the NVC? What would I need to book the medical despite my packet not being in London yet?

Hopefully it can be timed right that the medical appointment is only a week or two after the embassy sends their letter inviting me to setup the interview/sort out the medical.

As long as you have the case number you can book 

Timeline
Just now, Paigepaige said:

As long as you have the case number you can book 

I've got the case number from my fiancee when she called the NVC. Will that be enough? Or will some sort of written proof be better?

Timeline
Just now, FaintSpartan said:

I've got the case number from my fiancee when she called the NVC. Will that be enough? Or will some sort of written proof be better?

Does it start with LND? You don't need anything in writing till the day of your appointment which you just take the letter of approval. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Paigepaige said:

Does it start with LND? You don't need anything in writing till the day of your appointment which you just take the letter of approval. 

Letter of approval? Do you mean the petition approval (NOA2) because that is the only "approval" at this point and it doesn't have the LND number written on it.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Paigepaige said:

Yeah it does. I don't have any letter of approval yet, probably won't until mid-april since others on VisaJourney don't expect the NVC to ship off the application to the London embassy until a week from today. 

Edited by FaintSpartan
grammar edit

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Letter of approval? Do you mean the petition approval (NOA2) because that is the only "approval" at this point and it doesn't have the LND number written on it.

I received one saying my fiance petition had been approved (along with a copy of the i129F) and to go to the website and follow the instructions. This letter had my case number on and my medical appointment asked for it. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, FaintSpartan said:

Yeah it does. I don't have any letter of approval yet, probably won't until mid-april since others on VisaJourney don't expect the NVC to ship off the application the London until a week from today. 

You do not get an "approval" from NVC. Your only approval came from USCIS. There are three things that will have your LND number printed on it.

1. Notice from NVC to American fiancé saying the approved petition has gone to consulate in London.
  2. Instruction letter from London to British fiancé saying they have received the approved petition. 
  3. Your CEAC online status

Timeline
1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

You do not get an "approval" from NVC. Your only approval came from USCIS. There are three things that will have your LND number printed on it.

1. Notice from NVC to American fiancé saying the approved petition has gone to consulate in London.
  2. Instruction letter from London to British fiancé saying they have received the approved petition. 

Thanks. I've got my LND number, we called the NVC and they gave it to us. Just wondering if I need anything physical (regarding the LND number) as proof for the medical.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

I never said the letter came from the NVC. I said you need the letter to take to your medical appointment. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, FaintSpartan said:

Thanks. I've got my LND number, we called the NVC and they gave it to us. Just wondering if I need anything physical (regarding the LND number) as proof for the medical.

YES. Show something at the medical with your LND number on it, besides what you wrote yourself from phone info. They will make the appointment by you telling them the number, but they want it printed on something official the day you attend your medical exam.

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

YES. Show something at the medical with your LND number on it, besides what you wrote yourself from phone info. They will make the appointment by you telling them the number, but they want it printed on something official the day you attend your medical exam.

Ah I see, so it might be a bit risky if I book the medical before actually having something official. Although, could an email from the NVC confirming that it is my LND number be enough for them, just in case? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, FaintSpartan said:

Ah I see, so it might be a bit risky if I book the medical before actually having something official. Although, could an email from the NVC confirming that it is my LND number be enough for them, just in case? 

All you need is "a letter/email from the embassy or NVC to confirm your case number and visa category" 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, FaintSpartan said:

It's not as difficult as you are making it. Book the medical for several weeks out if you are afraid you won't have something. You get to pick the date. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.